BMD Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMD Query

Looking for a death of my 5xg grandfather, I found two entries on Ancestry with consecutive page numbers

John Houghton
    Jan-Feb-Mar
    Mutford
    Norfolk, Suffolk

John Houghton
    Jan-Feb-Mar
    Mutford
    Norfolk, Suffolk

I have checked the images and definently two seperate entries. I havn't come across this before. Does this mean he had two death certificates, or does this mean two John Houghtons died together (perhaps a son?) at same time. Will I need to order them both?

just looked on FMP and its the same on there ??? not sure why if I were you I'd ring the GRO

Comment

Thanks Val.

I wonder if it might be better for me to contact the local record office in Suffolk, they'd presumably be more likely to check the original than the GRO?

Just been looking at my tree, and he did have a son John, who I have no death details for, so possible he and son were killed together in an accident or something. I can't think why one person would have two references? That said I have a burial for the father..not the son, if that was the case you'd presumably expect them to be together in the burial register too. Hmm..puzzled!

Comment

yes ring the local office and please let me know what you find out I would be very interested .
        Off to bed now night

Comment

just looked on burials on FMP there is a burial for a John Houghton born and died in 1838 ???

Comment

have pmd you night

Comment

Ah could be a baby grandson then? Mine was in Somerleyton aged 78. Maybe some illness took them both off same day?

Will let you know what they say.

Night Val.

Comment

Working...
              X