Annie Mumford 1879-1952

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Mumford 1879-1952

Looking for records for Annie Marie Mumford b 1879 d 1952. I cant find any records. North Bucks area, principally looking for parents. Beginner seeking help and advice! Many thanks

Rick

Not sure if this is any help as the age is a bit out plus my English geography is poor -----
    Annie Mumford b c 1877 Brickhill, Buckinghamshire - in the 1881 census - what do you think???
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hello Rick - did she marry?

Comment

Hello, thanks for that. Yes she married Edward Pittam. Brickhill is not too far away from here, although it does seem far away given the fact the family never seemed to get out of the villages of Hanslope, Stoke Goldington and Castlethorpe. Perhaps saying South Northants would be more appropriate. I cant rule Brickhill out though.

Comment

If it is Brickness then is the 1881 census any good to you as it lists the parents as
          Richard b c 1853, Little Haywood, Buckinghamshire
          Jane b c 1855, Nash, Buckinghamshire
          Plus 2 siblings
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Rik.

The 1881 census indexes are free and can be found in all sorts of places. If you want the images of the census documents, then you have to pay for credits or a subscription on one or other of the sites... or go to a records office where they're held... or see if your local library service allows you to access Ancestry online at the library branches.

As you describe yourself as a "beginner", have you had a look to see if there are any useful ideas by following the "Starting Out on Your Research" link at the top of this page?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Herky, think the places may have been Little Howood maybe and Nash. Thanks for the tip Christine. Its quite overwhelming all the info that suddenly comes flooding in then stops! Sometimes you need to get back to basics I think. Thanks for both your helpfulness.
              The tree is on Ancestry but I could find nothing.
              Rick
              Last edited by Rik242; 02-03-10, 21:34. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Rik242 View Post
                Thanks Herky, think the places may have been Little Howood maybe and Nash.
                It will be Little Horwood and Nash, which are now getting closer to the boundary of Milton Keynes. There's a posh conference centre at Little Horwood which was once a BT management training school and prior to that was owned by British Railways.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi - Have you applied for their marriage cert?
                  Marriages Dec 1900
                  Mumford Annie Maria Brackley 3b 15
                  Pittam Edward Brackley 3b 15
                  This will give you further information to work with...father's name, occupation etc

Births are showing as;-
                  Sep 1912
                  Pittam O**n J Mumford Newport P. 3a 2022
                  Dec 1920
                  Pittam M**y I Mumford Newport P. 3a 1812
                  See my later post re; the names of the other children..
                  Last edited by naomiatt; 02-03-10, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                    Hi - Have you applied for their marriage cert?
                    Marriages Dec 1900
                    Mumford Annie Maria Brackley 3b 15
                    Pittam Edward Brackley 3b 15
                    This will give you further information to work with...father's name, occupation etc

Births are showing as;-
                    Sep 1912
                    Pittam O**n J Mumford Newport P. 3a 2022
                    Dec 1920
                    Pittam M**y I Mumford Newport P. 3a 1812
                    If you haven't got it yet, I recommend that you try to get it before 5 April, when the prices go up!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Edward (born 1877) and Annie (born 1881) are showing in the 1911 census with their other children as well..
                      Albert, Cyril, Ronald, Caroline and De**is...all in Newport Pagnell, Bucks

You can also find these births on FreeBMD http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Comment

There is an Annie Mumford born in Newport Pagnell, 1877, June quarter - did you ever hear that the family were in NP around that time frame? This might be the one that Herky saw...
                        There's also this - Sep 1880
                        MUMFORD Annie Hardingstone 3b 33 - not too far from Milton Keynes
                        Last edited by naomiatt; 02-03-10, 23:28.

Comment

Blimey! Thanks for all the leads! Newport Pagnell would be far more likely as its only about 2 or 3 miles away from the family stomping grounds of Hanslope and surrounding villages. I know nothing of the side of the family, which is my mothers great grandmother side of the family, so its all new info. Much appreciated.
                          Last edited by Rik242; 03-03-10, 21:06.

Comment

Working...
                          X