Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Geeson's Children

Hi,

I'm trying to close up some loose ends before Ancsetry kicks me out. Thisis one i've been stuck with for awhile and wondered if a fresh pair of eyes might spot something.

Mary Smith, born c1858 in Adwick-le-Street near Doncaster, married William Geeson, born c1847 in Lincs, in London in 1878 - St George Hanover Square reg district.

In 1881 they are living in Wilton Mews (Ref RG11, Piece 98; Folio 109; Page 39) with their 2 young daughters Ellen and Mary Elizabeth. Mary's sister Grace Smith is a visitor, although Doncaster to London is a long trip for a 10yr old!

In 1891 Mary is a widow working as an 'Eating-House keeper' in Yorkshire. (Ref RG12, Piece 3863; Folio 65; Page 4) Grace is her assistant and this time her mother, 2 brothers, 1 sil and a nephew are visiting!

In 1901 & 1911 Mary is a Chapel caretaker in Goole.

I have found a death for a William Geeson in Doncaster in 1889 which matches with Mary's husband, but I can't seem to find the 2 girls anywhere.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 01-03-10, 20:43.
    Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

There's a death for a Mary Elizabeth Geeson in York in 1882 aged 1
    Jackie

Comment

mary elizabeth geeson marriages .......2 only on freebmd
      june qtr 1900 Grantham 7a 1090 george foster or frederick alfred howe
      sep qtr 1905 Grantham 7a 983 GEORGE JAMES CULVER only one named...............easy name to research

ellen geeson marriage
      mar qtr 1901 Grantham 7a 591 JOHN TOPPS....only one named
      so how far is Grantham from Goole ??............that`s if they ever married ..........allan
      sorry Jackie.....I was typing when you posted........of course there`s the possibility of dying as infant as well ....allan
      just checked ...Goole to Grantham 70 miles ......allan
      I suppose it`s possible that the 1901 husband died and Mary married again in 1905 ????
      Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-10, 22:00.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thanks Jackie and Alan. I've seen the death in York and may have to get that certificate. Ellen's still a mystery though. Oh well.
        Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

This might be Ellen's birth - Sep 1879
          Geeson Ellen St.Geo.H.Sq 1a 409
          and her sister
          Mar 1881
          GEESON Mary Elizabeth St Geo.H.Sq 1a 449
          Any idea if Ellen had a middle name? There is this death for Middlesborough assuming Ellen was also in Yorks - Jun 1914
          Geeson Ellen 38 Middlesbro' 9d 667

Comment

Working...
          X