Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone read the abode on this baptism please. Oh and mums name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone read the abode on this baptism please. Oh and mums name.

The baptism for 24 November for Thomas Nicholls - dad Lessiter Nicholls, Brazier, Mum ??? And the abode please. Know what I think it may be but dodgey.Thomas nicholls..jpg

Gawd, I think thats too small, even if you click on it. Will try to edit it.

Does this link work?

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 01-03-10, 17:00.

Place Sun I Fields (Sun Inn Fields rings a bell)
    Mother - ?na with a superscript s? Not very clear

Comment

Bless, I couldnt make out the middle bit of that address. Got the Sun and Fields but the middle letter looked like an F to me?

Mums name looks like an Ina with an s. Or Jna with an s?
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 01-03-10, 18:20.

Comment

The IGI (batch C055782) transcribes the name as Frances.

The first letter is more the same shape as the T nearby, rather than the nearby J, so F is possible. There's a curve like the lower-case r nearby, and the a is quite clear, so Fra:s, could mean Frances?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

HI

I've sent Heather a Pm with info that I'm not sure if I can reproduce due on this site due to copyright but here is a map of the area that this site info gives as abode at time of event Sun Tavern Fields you have to scroll to the far right of the screen when loaded

WendyP

Comment

Well done Wendy - inn, tavern, I knew the bell it rang in my head was something to do with pubs!

(not sure what that says about the way my mind works!)

Comment

Thanks so much Wendy. Im surprised at mums name.

Comment

Working...
              X