Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got problems with Ancestry again ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got problems with Ancestry again ???

I am really getting fed up with them , have just emailed them again as the tree programme isnt working right , and it seems they are really busy with emails at the moment ??? is it any wonder ?
    I have asked for a refund for the days it has not been working right.

I dont seem to be having any problems this afternoon Val, not to say I havent had a few during the past week! What sort of problems are you having?
    Olga

Comment

all sorts you know when you look for historical records to add to a name in your tree ??? well when you have finished that persons name shoud be available to go back to ??? mine is blank.
      And what ever name I start with each day is the name that it goes back to with the record?? cant really explain but its not good enough I have just upgraded to worldwide wish I hadnt bothered.

Comment

Just tried it out & I am ''not'' getting the name to return to every time...... I know that last night the ''return to'' name was in small print! Havent experienced the 2nd one you mentioned.... I keep getting a half size search box so I cant see what I've typed in......Dont think it's just you, think there are a few niggley problems in general. GGGRRRRRRR
        Olga

Comment

complain complain complain, otherwise they wont know how many have the problems, it seems to be one problem after another .

Comment

I have!...... Think I should change my username to moaning minnie....apologies to all the minnies out there!
            Olga

Comment

lol me too, I have also asked for a refund .

Comment

Val I have left posts both here & on General that I spoke to a nice young lady at the show on Saturday, 'The User Experience Manager' & she gave me her card to contact direct if I had problems!;)

That's odd, I can't find my post on this board, anyway pm me Val & I'll give you Charlenes email!
                Last edited by Vivienne; 01-03-10, 16:21.
                Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Started to write a reply & my spellings came out backwards!!?? Never done that b4?! I'm also joining the I Hate Vista club LOL ....Anyway, good luck with the refund Val..
                  Olga

Comment

Was just about to say no. Guess what. I cant do a search, just keeps telling me not connected to the internet. I have checked my
                    settings and I am ok. Just have to wait I suppose. Tried ancestry.com. can request search, but nothing happens, Guess I'm not on my own.

Comment

I've just tried to load Ancestry and it keeps timing out. I've tried both .com and .co.uk.
                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I can get in on .co.uk but no further. Can't get in through favourites at all...And thats where have all my most used sections of Ancestry stored as tabs.

Fingers crossed it is sorted soon as I have allocated today to get to grips with b-i-l tree and as his direct line didn't stray from Bethnal Green for centuries I need the London BMBs

Anyone got a couple of bob for the meter?
                        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

That's funny, I used Ancestry for census, BMD and LMA records for most of yesterday with no problems at all. I don't do tree building on there though.

Anne

Comment

There was definitely something wrong last night - I could get in and search, but it was bringing up names and counties I hadn't searched for (using the exact search)...

Comment

I can't get any search results in the censuses when using the "old search". The part of the page where the number of hits should be is blank, although the results title bar is there. It's been like that for over a week now. I hate the new search. I've also noticed that the number of wee links to the old search are getting less. I think they're trying to push us towards using the new search.

Is anybody else having this no results problem?

Comment

yes I am and it's driving me mad!!!
                                I much prefer the old search as well but I'm being forced to use the new search and trawl through a load of irrelevant results to try and find what I want;what a pain!!

Liz
                                my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Well, that's really strange. I am having no problems with census searches. I always use the old search, select the census year I want, then go down below the first form and select 'England'. This gives me the results as I like to see them. Still not having any problems - long may it continue.

Goodness - I've just seen Galloway Lass has been having problems for a week. If its any help I use IE8 and Windows XP. I have Premium membership but don't do any tree building on Ancestry. Can't think of any other variables. I've not had any recent problems at all, except on the Thursdays when they seem to do maintenance.

Anne
                                  Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 02-03-10, 13:02.

Comment

Anne, I'm on the same versions as you. I have the 6 months all singing all dancing package which came with a copy of FTM10

Liz, what browser and Windows versions have you got?

Comment

Are you still having problems? I've spent the last two hours wizzing around all the censuses with no problems - in fact its very fast

Ooooops! Perhaps its me using up all the band width :o

Anne

Comment

This is ridiculous I am not happy !!! I do hope you are all complaining ??? They should at least email us to tell us whats happening ??? it had better be worth the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                                        X