Using Family Historian to build web pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Family Historian to build web pages

I’ve just been experimenting with Family Historian and have managed to build some web pages. There is a lot of detail on them, and it’s a really easy tool to use. The pages look very basic and I simply used the Gedcom file I was working on. I’d be interesting to hear from people if they think that doing your own pages like this is a good idea.

I did them to try and broaden the search for ancestors in the Mann family tree that I am researching for a friend, which starts in Cosford, Kersey, Suffolk and links into other lines such as Farthing, Aggis etc. It’s always good when you search on line for the likes of ‘Mann, Kersey, Suffolk family’ etc. and find someone’s own pages, so hopefully this will be of use to others too. Hope it’s ok to post it here for feedback.

James
    Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
    http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
    My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Hi James,

I think it's well worthwhile - I like your home page...much better than mine. I've got mine at http://wulliam.co.uk/2genealogy/index.html and have had lots of contacts since uploading it. I'm currently attempting to re-source everything more accurately and will upload a new version then.

Have you got a typo in your name under 'contact' - apologies if I'm being silly.
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Hi William
      Thanks for your comments and for pointing out the typo - I'm always doing that, making errors in obvious places! Have changed it now.
      I was impressed by the ease of that little programme - simple but effective - and I am going to put up another set of info about my own tree, probably later today. Let's hope it is all helpful.
      J
      My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

FHUG is a user operated and supported site providing help and advice for the Family Historian software package. Since 2002, through many major releases the user group has helped thousands users of all levels to come to grips with one of the most powerful and flexible Family History programs available today.

Comment

Thanks for that link – I’d not been there before!

I quickly put together another set of pages (the programme is so fast!) this time for my own tree which has loads more families on it.

Some of the lines, in case they are of use to others:

Harvey Collin of Harlow

Sarah Ashton of Hartland Devon

Peter Burrow of Cornwall

Alice Brearley of Bolton

Lionel Bridle of Dorset

James Christy of Essex

Thomas Courtis, Curtis, Courtice of Cornwall

William Cozens of Swyre, Dorset

Elizabeth Davies of Cornwall

Isaac Fry of Dorset

Eaton family of Hatfield Essex

Kessell of Cornwall

Knill of Barnstaple

Leworthy of Dorset

Dennis, Dinnis, north Devon

Littlejohns, north Devon, Cornwall

Maxwell, Liverpool

Meehan, Ireland, Co Durham

Nancekivel, Nance Kivel, Cornwall, north Devon

Parminter, Parmynter, north Devon

Ropers of Upway, Dorset

Sapsford of Essex

Captain Arthur Henry Scott

Seddon family of Bolton, Lancashire area

Soper family, Peranzabuloe, Newlyn East, Cornwall

Tizard of Dorset

Comment

Would very much like to have any information you have on the Leworthys. I am doing a Leworthy One-Name Study and if I can help, please let me know.

Valerie Norris

Comment

Val, James hasn't been on the forum for a while so it might be a good idea to send him a private message. Click on his name to the left of his post and you will see an option of sending private message.
              Providing his email address on our database is current then he will receive an email notification of your message.
              Elaine

Comment

Hi Val
                I just sent you a private message

James

Comment

Working...
                X