can i have trevor,s help again please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i have trevor,s help again please

when i load i get a message saying RUNDLL ONYC.FFO.

can i find out what is not being able to upload please and if so can i do whatever to repair,:(also sometimes after about 20mins my computer is freezing up on me...i get like coulered 3d writing and lines going up and down my computer.regards brenda

RUNDLL ONYC.FFO

Is refering to a 'rundll' file that is causing it a problem when trying to run an application.
    DLL files contain a set of information/instructions needed to do specific tasks (Too complex to go into).

Have you recently installed new software as it could be that causing the problem.

First thing is to do a system restore to a version that worked correctly.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Looking at the forums for maleware etc.
      RUNDLL ONYC.FFO
      Is a file that is part of a trojan application.

If SuperAnti-spyware/malewarebytes has killed the main forles of this trojan, it may still have the instructions to install them on Windows startup.
      As it cannot find them (as antispyware has deleted them), it will warn you of this, hence the message.

As for the screen freeze, I would expect that to be a different problem and would not want to advise online without being able to see it.
      When did it start?
      Look for a system restore point just before that date.

trev

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I want to check one of your regestry enteries

I need you to action a regestry key search.
        During this process DO NOT be tempted to actually adjust/delete any keys unless I tell you to.

From your start button
        Type regedit into the run command box
        Press F3 key on your keyboard
        Search for onyc.ffo

If it does find this, I will need the exact text that is displayed alond the bottom edge of the Regedit window (in the grey border at the bottom)

Researching:

Comment

will do trevor my niece put more memory on for me.that is when i noticed it.do you want me to do it now?brenda xx

Comment

yes please as coffe getting cold [LOL]

Researching:

Comment

sory trevor i put in the run box but when i pressed f3 it didnt do anything untill i pressed ok button

Comment

type regedit in run box
                Press OK
                Press F3
                Have it search for onyc.ffo
                Let me know if it finds it and the text on the bar at the botton (known as the status bar), of the Window

Researching:

Comment

i do all you say but when i press f3 nothing happens.the page that comes up is on one side saying names of files i think on the other sid it says default reg_sz value not set.brenda xxx

Comment

while that window is open
                    Press F3

Researching:

Comment

i do and another search box comes up

Comment

it says finished searching through regestry

Comment

First make sure that you have selected the very top of the regestry tree, by click once on the 'computer' section at the top of the left pane
                          Press F3
                          Then type in the search box
                          onyc.ffo
                          Click on Find button

It should then search the whole of the registry (I think you are starting mid way)

Researching:

Comment

still cant find it there is a list nd in alphabetical order i scroll down but cant find it/renda xxx

Comment

it says ab default not set
                              always show exit
                              info tip
                              quick tip
                              tile info

is that what you want brenda xx

Comment

PM'd you my phone number, as it is easier to talk than text

Researching:

Comment

trevor big thankyou nice talking to you....have a good day brenda xxx

Comment

i have sent you an email brenda xxx

Comment

bren
                                      If you are online
                                      phone me

Researching:

Comment

thankyou trevor brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                                        X