New military FH sister site for ukbmd.org.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New military FH sister site for ukbmd.org.uk

I was alerted by a post on a mailing list to this fledgling links site (from the excellent ukbmd stable):
    UK Military Family History Online. Complete your family history by finding web sites with online information so that you can answer the question: Who Do You Think You Are?

UKMFH aims to help you find out the history of your military family by linking to web sites that have online information which will help you discover what your families did and how they lived in their military life. Muster rolls, discharge papers, pension records are all valuable sources of information which can help you complete your family tree – many are now listed under UKMFH's menus along with a whole range of other types of records.
    http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/ Is well-known (I hope) for its excellent and well-organised collection of BMD and census links (and one-name links, too).

http://www.ukgdl.org.uk/ was set up a year ago:
    UKGDL aims to help you find out the history of your family by linking to web sites that have on-line data which will help you discover what your families did and how they lived. School lists, trade directories, electoral rolls, passenger lists, old photographs etc., are all valuable sources of information which can help you complete your family tree – many are now listed under UKGDL's menus.
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Thanks very much Christine

Linda

Comment

WOW...Thanks Christine!

There are lots of photo's where my family lived in India.....
      Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
        I was alerted by a post on a mailing list to this fledgling links site (from the excellent ukbmd stable):
        UK Military Family History Online. Complete your family history by finding web sites with online information so that you can answer the question: Who Do You Think You Are?

http://www.ukgdl.org.uk/ was set up a year ago:

Christine
        Thank you for these links Christine, I have added them to the Military Research and Directories pages in the Reference Library.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
        X