1861/1871 look up request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861/1871 look up request

Looking for Charlotte Emily Pursglove (purseglove)
    BMD birth registered as 1856 Eton Reg district.

Would like to know parents details.
    She may have married 1884 as BMD have marriage in Islington district for that name, but I could not find on the 1881 census.

There is another Charlotte Emily Purseglove born 1886 in Brentford, she marries in Fulham 1908 (thanks Val). This is not the same person I am looking for, as she has been eliminated already.

Thanks
    trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

In 1871 there is a Charlotte working as a Servant for a family in Ealing........see RG10/1318/6/6.

Comment

There is a London baptism that looks interesting.

Charlotte Emily daughter of William and Charlotte baptised on 25/7/1858 Holy Trinity, Paddington. Her brother William John was baptised at the same time. He seems to have been born in 1858 so Charlotte must have been older. However, there's a baptism in 1854 for a sister Mary Ann also in London so unless they moved out of London at the time of Charlotte's birth and then back again for William's birth perhaps this isn't the right Charlotte.

Can't find anything on the 1861 yet.

Jane

Comment

I've found the family on the 1861 mistranscribed as Purseylove.

RG9; Piece: 78; Folio: 76; Page: 69

Jane

Comment

They have another daughter in 1864 - Anna Maria to William/Charlotte Purseglove

Comment

Anna is shown as Hannah on the 1881 census and there is also a son Edward born 1861 on the 1861 and 1881 census - still looking for the 1871 census.

Jane

Comment

does it say where they come from please?

Don't worry, I posted this question as a reference to details on 1861 census, seen 1881 and so know PoBs

Thanks
              Trev
              Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 28-02-10, 10:13.

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

From the 1861 census

William age 32 born Marylebone
                Charlotte age 33 born Pimlico
                Mary Ann age 7 born Hammersmith
                Charlotte age 4 born Slough
                William age 2 born Paddington
                Edward age 5 months born Marylebone

Comment

From 1881 census

Edward age 19 born Marylebone
                  Hannah age 17 born Marylebone

Comment

Thanks for all the information Jane.

It looks like William Pursglove who Married Charlotte is one of the Brentford clan who are not connected to mine (From Rotherham / Derbyshire), but it looks like I'll have to get the marriage cert to check his father's name to confirm this. (Cannot find on IGI etc).

I found on BMD that in 1853 he married Charlote Frances Staples (Marylebone district) which ties in with the Mary Ann baptism in 1854 you found

Trev
                    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 28-02-10, 10:37.

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                    X