Passenger list to and from the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger list to and from the USA

I have been given some new information about my great grandfather which I wanted to try and find more about.

It is believed that my great grandfather was an only child to a Frederick and Eliza Wright after Fredericks death in 1885 Eliza re-married i think in 1887 to a Henry Hazard (who I think had lived on the same street as Eliza all his life). They had 5 children 1 of which was born in the USA (place unknown), William Hazard in 1891 before then returning to England sometime between 1891 and 1897 when their 5th child is born. Eliza Hazard then died in 1909 in Cheltenham I dont know if they returned to the USA remained in England.

I was wondering if anyone had access to passenger lists to find out when and where the family went to America and when they returned, I think my great grandfather Thomas Henry Wright may have also travelled with them as he was born in 1885 so would have been young when his mother and step father went to America, I have also been led to this conclusion because I cannot find him on the 1891 census I also cant find him in 1901 but I havent looked too hard just yet. During the families time in USA it is believed they met or at least had some connection to Buffalo Bill.

I dont know which port the family travelled from or where they docked on reaching America or even there return. Sorry that the info on locations is vague but this is new info I have discovered from a family connections notes but they also knew very little of the 'American Adventure'

Any help that could point me in the right direction would be great

Well, I've had as thorough a look as I can manage, without any joy: disappointing for a distinctive name, I have to say!

This is one place to look (free) for immigrants to the USA:

and this is another:

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X