Tribal Pages.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal Pages.....

I have been updating my tree on TP and have noticed that on one line, I have overlooked/ missed off, one generation.

Can I just slot them in without deleting anyone else?:o
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

I might be wrong but I dont think you can slot in the whole lot in one go if thats what you mean ??? you dont have to delete anybody but will have to add each individual seperately, unless you have your tree elsewhere and that info is correct you could upload a new gedcom into tribalpages , good luck

Comment

I think you CAN slot them in but you will have to do a bit of unhooking first.

OC's Tip of the Day....when unhooking people/lines on Tribal Pages, before you do it, put a couple of asterisks or whatever after their name. That way you can see them easily in the list when you want to pick them up. You can delete the asterisks when all is done to your satisfaction.

I need to do this on my tree as I have 30 James Holdens, 30 Mary Holdens and so on and it's easy to lose track.

OC

Comment

thats a handy tip OC I didnt think it was easy to do ?

Comment

Thank you Val and OC, sounds like a lot of work ahead then, which will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm all worked out for today.
          Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Jen

Well it depends how wrong you have gone, lol! If you have attached a grandchild as a child, you just create the father for that child as a child of the first man...

Joe Bloggs grandfather
            Fred Bloggs father - you missed him out
            Charlie Bloggs, Joe's grandson, but you have put him in as a son.

Create Fred Bloggs as a new person nothing to do with anyone. Give him a son, Charlie Bloggs, by using the "is this person already in the tree?". this will remove him from Joe Bloggs - if it doesn't (and sometimes it doesn't, for unknown reasons, lol) the call up Charlie Bloggs and delete his parents.

Then give Joe Bloggs a son, "already in this tree", by attaching Fred Bloggs.

OC

Comment

Working...
            X