Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New records on Ancestry.

England,Alien Arrivals, 1810-1811, 1826-1869

If you have immigrants in your tree, you might just find them here. I had high hopes of finding my German gt gt gt grandfather but, sadly, he doesn't seem to be there. I'll keep looking though because some of the handwriting on the records is appalling and his name could well have been mistranscribed.
    Good luck.

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Great... I thought, until I read the small print that said there was a gap in the records between 1861 and 1866, which is exactly the time period when my great-grandparents arrived in London from Paris. Don't know if that's because the records haven't survived or they just haven't added them for some reason. Ah well...

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence View Post
      Great... I thought, until I read the small print that said there was a gap in the records between 1861 and 1866, which is exactly the time period when my great-grandparents arrived in London from Paris. Don't know if that's because the records haven't survived or they just haven't added them for some reason. Ah well...
      Isn't it annoying? We've been wanting to know when our German ancestor arrived in England ever since we discovered we HAD a German ancestor. We know he was born around 1805 and married in London in 1833 so I'm left wondering if he came here before 1826 since he isn't to be found at all.

Ann
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

My niece's ancestor's naturalisation docs said he'd arrived 1853. I can't find him at all. A couple of faint possibilities, but I can't imagine a shoemaker terming himself a "gent".

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X