FTM 2020 via Tesco deal vouchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2020 via Tesco deal vouchers

Via the Tesco Vouchers system, you use £15 of tesco vouchers to order FTM 2010.
    http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/...65287|Software Packages
    What you get after a week is a voucher for the total cost and an order form to order from supplier via post.

Tesco take about a week to send you the deal voucher/order form
    Order form states that is can take up to 28 days for the software to arrive.

Worth the wait though, as it includes the 6 month free access to Ancestry UK essentials

[Sorry about the typo of 2020 in thread title]
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 27-02-10, 18:17.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Even if you didn't want the FTM program this would be worth it!

Anne

Comment

HI, Yes, I found the offer in the Tesco rewards book last week and I have told two people who I met at Olympia this weekend about the offer. When you consider that the software is available at this price instead of £59.99 plus it includes 6 months Ancestry Essentials Membership, I think it is a bargain. I was told by the tech guy at Ancestry on Sunday that the new version will allow you to download your tree from Ancestry to FTM2010.
      Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

I posted my order to Avantquest last Monday and received FTM 2010 on Saturday - so its a good service from Avantquest. It took a little longer from Tesco to receive the token.

Old tree has been loaded on easily so all I have to do now is join Ancestry and get hunting again!

elaine
        Looking for: Bassick/Beswick in Lancashire, Wolverhampton, Durham - Bradshaw & Drage in Bozeat & London - Rainbow, Strange, Maginess, Northcote, Thompson, Bartlett & Wheeler in London - Harrington, Gusterson & Sach in Essex

Comment

Having spent two days at the WDYTYA show in London, I came back with a bag full of leaflets and some software. I am working through the papers and have tried some software which I had from MyHeritage.com stand. Decided that it was too complicated to setup.
          I have sent my order to Tesco this morning for FTM2010, offer. I am still getting to grips with this software but it does what you want and you feel that you are in control.
          Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

I did this with my tesco vouchers last year for the 2009. Of course its only the essential sub but I and Val on here both upgraded to the premium from it.

Comment

I did it too - well worth it considering you get 6 months essential package from Ancestry

Comment

10 days after sending the voucher to Avantquest and still waiting for delivery.
                Looks like you were luck with the turnaround speed for yours Elaine

Not complaining, since it's free

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi Guys, My Tesco voucher arrived on the on the 11th March and I sent it by recorded delivery on the same day. Now I am waiting for the software to come.
                  Don

Comment

Hi, my FTM2010 arrived this morning, waited all day to get a quiet moment to install it, only to get the error message "Family Tree Maker has encountered an error and needs to close" !!!! Nearly panicked until i saw there was a help paragraph dedicated to this so...
                    ...followed all the instructions, went online to the Knowledge base, followed all the instructions on there too...Zilch, nada, nothing works!!!
                    went into all my Local settings, admin stuff and none of the folders it tells you to delete were there. Next step..uninstall...reinstall...same result
                    By then of course, it is after 6pm...on a friday !!! Helpline is not available again until monday morning...! Frustrated, fed up, I waited ages to get this and now I can't even use it. Ever had one of those days ???
                    Alison

Comment

What's your operating system, Alison?

Comment

XP Velma, any suggestions gratefully received
                        Alison

Comment

I have the same software obtained in the same way from Tesco. It says on the side of the box minimum system requirements are Windows XP SP2/Vista or Windows 7.

I have Windows 7 on my lap top where this software is installed.

I think (!) it looks like your have to download XP's service pack 2 from the Microsoft website to enable this software to work... anyway it's worth a try!!

Comment

I'm already up to service pack 3, so i don't think it can be that.
                            Alison

Comment

Hmmm... I don't know then! :D

You're confusing me as you have asked the same question on two threads! I'm going to delete the other one, just so it doesn't confuse anyone else :D

Comment

Cheers, I wasn't sure which was more relevent so I put it on both, I figured someone would put me in the right place ! (thanks for that)
                                I guess I will just have to wait til monday to phone the help-line (I hate those things!) I'll let you know how I get on, might help someone else later on.
                                Alison

Comment

Alison be interested to know which files it told you to delete ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                    Alison be interested to know which files it told you to delete ?
                                    hi Val, it was an ancestry file believe it or not ! It also said if I had an older version there would also be a generation folder to delete, but I don't have either in the locations they told me to look.
                                    I had a look at another help page and that said any files ending FTM or FTW could also be a problem, I found one of those and deleted it but still no luck. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling I even tried turning the whole thing off and starting again !!! It is now a new day and I'm about to try again...
                                    fingers crossed! otherwise I will just have to wait until monday morning I guess !
                                    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by herebedragons View Post
                                      I had a look at another help page and that said any files ending FTM or FTW could also be a problem, I found one of those and deleted it but still no luck. :
                                      I would be very reluctant to delete any files ending in FTM or FTW - these are your master data files for Family Tree Maker!
                                      If you want to remove them from your hard disk then I would recommend you copy them to an external device rather than just delete.

If you have deleted a FTM/FTW file then I would suggest you look in your recycle bin and retrieve it asap - and then make a copy of it.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                      X