Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone able to do a look up in Shropshire please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Is anyone able to do a look up in Shropshire please?

Of the parish records. If so, I would appreciate the following information please.

Marriage date of Richard Madeley Born 1676 Wem Shropshire
    to an unknown Ann born 1679 Wem Shropshire (Maiden name if pos.)

Probably married about 1698/99, as their eldest son was born in 1700.

Also His marriage please. Joseph Madeley Born 1700 Edstaston Shropshire, he married an unknown Sarah born about 1698 Edstaston Shropshire. (Maiden name appreciated if pos.) Looks like their eldest son was born in 1720 at Edstaston. So may have married just prior to this date.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Hi Jan
    Richard Madeley was NOT bapt. nor married in Wem. The records I have for Edstaston
    begin the the early 1700's. Found birth of a Joseph, William Sarah and a Thomas to Joseph Madeley and Sarah but no marriage.
    At the birth of one of the children of Joseph and Sarah it does say - of Cotton (isn't that near Brigenorth ? ).
    Also name variations Madeley, Madley, Meadley, Medley.

Two marriages in Wem in the late 1600's William Madeley to Dorithy Richards Aug. 27 1676
    Richard and Elnor Bartlam Apr 12 1680

Hope this helps

goodyg.

Comment

Thank you goodyyg, William and Dorithy are my ancestors as is Joseph 1700, I'm pleased you were able to discover some siblings for him. Shame about the marriage as I was hoping for Sarah's maiden name but one can't have everything.......not all at once any how lol!
      I've never heard of Cotton so would not be aware of where it was but, it's extra info nevertheless, which I greatly appreciate.

Forgot to mention Richard was born Edstaston, my mistake there. Shame the marriage wasn't found for them either. It's always so difficult getting hold of the brides maiden names isn't it?
      Last edited by Jen~Ealogy; 14-03-10, 19:37.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Working...
      X