• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Bride's Fleet Street

Does anyone know where to find the baptism parish records in Ancestry for
    St Bride's Fleet Street
    London
    EC4Y 8AU

Which district are they as I can't find it.
    I need to look in the "non-transcribed" parts of Ancestry parish births and baptisms

Thanks in advance
    Tony

SORRY ALL JUST FOUND IT IN CITY OF LONDON......GOING SENILE
    Last edited by tglyn; 26-02-10, 19:55. Reason: L ocated the church

Fleet street is in Bethnal Green district according to this

St Brides in IGI use the following reference numbers
    C022421 1714-1736 C022422 1587-1628 C022423 1629-1653 C022424 1653-1673 C022425 1673-1695 C022426 1695-1714 C022427 1813-1859

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Yes it's just in the city, a very interesting church, known as the press church due to it's proximity to fleet street.
      Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Very pretty church, it's steeple is the design of a wedding cake!

Comment

Thank you very much Peppi, Andy and Trev for adding my interest to St Brides.

I feel like a visit is comming on to the Church in the springtime once its stopped raining lol
          I hadn't realised it was the Press church although in Fleet Street I might have guessed and the strange shape to makes it different from the norm.
          Thanks for the ICI referances to, will do some traweling today as guess what up here in the wilds of Tamworth....its raining.

Thanks again for your help
          Tony

Comment

If you do visit I can recommend lunch in the Punch and Judy nearby. The pub has conections to the origins of Punch magazine, you can join on line and get 10% off main meals, it also had the dubious honor of being one pub run by two companies back in the 1990's.
            Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Hi Andy...well it sounds like a nice lunch at the Punch and Judy is on the cards, thanks for the imformation...cant beat a nice beer to mmmm.
              Checked it out on the internet, sounds good
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X