X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Fellows archives on line

Had this weird (odd ) mail come today:

Online Archives

The Oddfellows is the first International Friendly Society to make its 200 year old paper archives available online to its members and to the general public.

Students, Researchers, Historians, Journalists and just everyday people who want to delve into their family history and ancestry will find The Oddfellows paper archive a useful and comprehensive resource.

The archives hold a mixture of documents; reports, directories, magazines and more. As an ongoing project, new and exciting material is being added constantly.

What can I do with the online archives?

You can search our database of paperwork and books for free and as a member, you can view, download and save the individual pages or collections you want and print them out to read at your leisure.

Genealogy and family history

Genealogists and those who pursue Genealogy as a hobby will find the archives a wealth of information for tracing family history and lineages.

The Oddfellows archive contains a number of documents, such as Reports that hold information about its members, dating back 200 years which makes it a valuable tool for researching family trees and ancestry.

The Oddfellows Magazine also documents activities between its members, such as events and gatherings, as well significant historical landmarks and social changes. For any student or historian researching British history, the archives offer information from a different perspective.

Prices

Free One Week Trial

Searching the archive is free of charge.

In order to view and print the documents you can either buy credits or become a member of The Oddfellows (£25 per year or £23 if paid by Direct Debit), upon which you will be granted unlimited access to the archive and will receive other member benefits.

If you wish to purchase credits instead, the pricing schemes goes as follows:

10 credits = £2.50
    25 credits = £5.00
    50 credits = £10.00
    100 credits = £15.00

1 credit – 1 page
    5 credits – a collection file (i.e. A multi page document, for example, a section of the Magazine Jan to March.)

Ooh, might be interesting - I think my grandfather was an Oddfellow...

Thanks, Heather.

Comment

There's more about it here
      Rest Less is the UK's fastest growing digital community for the over 50s. Join for free. Rest Less offers content, guidance and resources on a range of topics spanning Work and Careers, Volunteering, Learning, Money, Health, Lifestyle and Relationships.

and
      Through life's ups and downs, we offer friendship and support.
      Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk
      Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I have added the link for The Oddfellows to the General Historical Resources page in the Reference Library. Thank you.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
        X