lost family in 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost family in 1861

could someone please look for this family in 1861, should all be in liverpool ,I can't find them or the last street they where living in, 7 Britania Terrace, Everton, Liverpool

Hugh Simon born 1819 born Hardusdire carnarvonshire

children
    John born 1843 Liverpool
    Elizabeth born 1847 Liverpool
    Edward born 1849 Liverpool
    Martha born 1851 Liverpool

thanks

Joyce

nope sorry I cant see them Joy..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks for looking Julie, I was hoping a search on a different census provider to mine would uncover them

Comment

I do know that some lancs census pages were water damaged, but whether this covers that particular area or not I have no idea sorry. I tried searching using different wildcards, but nothing was showing, though I did see the 1851 and the 1871, did hugh re marry? as I saw one with elizabeth and another with an Ellen?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I had a look on fmp too and sorry found nothing

Comment

Can you just confirm that the surname is SIMON
            Jess

Comment

thanks for trying, I did notice a different wife Julie, and yes Jess the surname is Simon

Joyce

Comment

Have you checked for the missing 1861 pieces, to make sure you aren't chasing a shadow?

I think they were noted in the Wiki. Otherwise there might be a list somewhere on Ancestry?

Christine

EDIT - there's a detailed list for all the censuses on FMP, in the Knowledge Base. Liverpool doesn't figure in the list, but most of Wales does - including Caernarvon and Flint. Perhaps they were visiting family that day?
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-10, 22:53.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hugh Simon born 1819 born Hardusdire carnarvonshire
                  In the 1851 image that place looks more likely to be something like Llandurdrie or Llandurdne. I've tried to make it Llandudno, but that won't wash! Llandurdrie doesn't show up on Google Maps, and the name isn't sufficiently like anything else for Google Maps to guess.

There's a comment in Ancestry for that entry which asserts confidently that the PoB should be Llandudno.

Christine
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-10, 19:22.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are (at least) a couple of promising IGI baptisms in Liverpool for children of Hugh & Elizabeth SIMON.

The 1871 younger children all seem to have been born in Liverpool - either side of 1861.

Christine
                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-10, 19:52.

Comment

Some plausible birth registrations...
                      John 1843 q3 Liverpool
                      Edward Hughes 1849 q1 West Derby
                      William John 1855 q3 Liverpool
                      William Charles 1855 q4 West Derby
                      George Henry 1857 q4 West Derby
                      Ann 1860 q4 West Derby

Christine

Comment

Presumed death of Hugh:
                        1872 q1 age 53 West Derby

and Elizabeth
                        1886 q4 age 66 West Derby

Comment

Found "Ellen" and son, William, in 1881: RG11/3705 fo 10 p 14
                          That's in West Derby.

Christine

Comment

They really don't seem very visible in 1861, do they!

Christine

Comment

Working...
                            X