Canadian Passenger List lookups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Passenger List lookups

Is there anybody with a worldwide Ancestry membership that would be kind enough to check the Canadian Passenger list for Thomas Phillips born 1888 in Ombersley Worcs and Albert George Phillips born 1894 Ombersley Worcs.
    Many Thanks in advance
    Ian

are they likely to be traveling together?

Comment

There is nothing coming up for either

Comment

Possibly,I know Thomas went to Canada before WW1 because he joined the Canadian expeditionary force there in 1914.
        I have his service records and they show he was in the Worcs regiment and Manitobah Dragoons before the war he went back there and stayed after WW1 in 1919 it might have him listed on the RMS Melita in 1919 when he went back to Canada after the war,stragely though even though it says he was on the Melita in his service records I found a site listing the passengers on board and he was not one of them.
        The Melita left Liverpool 17th October 1919 and arrived in Quebec on the 24th of October,Its just a guess about Albert (sometimes uses George just to make things more difficult!) because I cant find him on the 1911 census and I have been told by a family member he was going to join his brother after the war.

Comment

Hi Ian
          yes I found Thomas Phillips on the Melita arrived Quebec 24/10/1919.The print isn't very clear for his place of residence but next of kin is ditto under wife at top of page. I'll now go back to see if he's on arrivals in other years ,could take a while there's loads of Phillips !!

Liz
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Thankyou Liz

Comment

Gosh Ian
              there are so many possibles for Thomas and unfortunately place of birth is just England so nothing to filter them by county.Coulcn't find an Albert or Albert G arriving after the war .There's an Albert G arriving at Halifax Nova Scotia on the Megantic on 24/8/1917 and Albert G arriving ST John nova scotia March 1914 aged 19 and says he has been to Canada before.

Sorry I couldn't help more

Liz
              my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Thankyou for having a look for me Liz

Comment

Working...
                X