1911 Census look up please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census look up please?

Could some kind soul with a subscription look up the following people for me?

I am trying to confirm that Anita Mottram b abt 1876 was married to Percy C Mottram b abt 1860, I believe Anita was born in Herefordshire possibly Wellington, and Percy was born in Islington Middlesex. The clincher could be Percy's occupation as he was a post office sorting clerk in 1901

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by andymak; 26-02-10, 21:49.
    Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Would members please not ask for, or offer to do, look-ups for the 1911 census.

It is against the terms and conditions of Findmypast which you will have agreed to on: http://www.findmypast.co.uk/terms/index.jsp

Specifically:

You can only use the Services and the Records for your PERSONAL family history research and not for commercial purposes, or to provide look-ups for others

It is also against the Ts and Cs of this site:

Do not post anything, including look-up offers or results, that infringes anyone’s copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights. If in doubt refer to the Family Tree Forum Copyright Guidelines.

Many thanks,

The Moderating Team
    Last edited by Caroline; 26-02-10, 09:42. Reason: Adding our ts and cs

Comment

Just to say that there's a Percy Charles MOTTRAM, b 1861 q1 Islington, according to the FreeBMD index.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are a couple of potential marriages for Percy Charles MOTTRAM. One in Atcham in 1888 (Two brides and one groom transcribed so far on the FreeBMD index.), and one in Hereford, where Anita LANGFORD is one of the brides. There's an Anita LANGFORD birth registered 1876 q1 Hereford, according to the FreeBMD index.

I note that one of the two brides was called Gertrude Watson JONES, and there's a death for a Gertrude Watson MOTTRAM, aged 23, in the last q of 1891, also in Atcham.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-10, 18:23.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Anita shows up on the 1881 census index as age 5, b Wellington, Hereford, and living Auberrow, Wellington, Hereford. Father = Richard LANGFORD, and mother = Catherine.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-10, 17:23.

Comment

Percy C "MOTHAM" shows up in the 1881 familysearch, in 20 Mardol, Shrewsbury St Chad, Shropshire - age 20, b Bow, Middlesex... not too far from Herefordshire.

Christine

Comment

Hi AndyMak,

Using the free search on the 1911 website you can see who is living with Percy Charles Mottram.

If you put the surname Mottram in the surname box, and then further down the page in the "Other Mmbers of the household" put Percy Charles Mottram in the correct boxes, you will then get a list of people living with Percy.

Kelly.

Comment

Oops sorry, don't want to get anyone into trouble!

I did try lookin on the 1911 website using the free search facility but couldn't see thing particuarly relevant. Looking for Percy, I came up with more than I knew what to do with, I found Percy's, Percy J, Percy C, mottram, Mattram, Mothram all from roundabouts the same area.
                The one listed in the 1881 census from Bow as far as I can establish isn't my one.

My one was married to Gertrude and they had children, then I think he married Anita and had three more, just wanted to prove it. I will look up all the info that has ben given and thank all contributors.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

I can confirm that Percy Mottram married Anita Langford in 1898
                  BMD ref Sep Qtr Hereford 6a995

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Cheers Trevor that helps.

Comment

post 1898 children
                      Births Jun 1899 (>99%) Mottram Ella Anita Atcham 6a 712

Births Mar 1902 (>99%) MOTTRAM Sybil Mary Atcham 6a 661

Births Sep 1906 (>99%) Mottram Phyllis Tessa Atcham 6a 649

Births Dec 1909 (>99%) Mottram Geoffrey Maynard Atcham 6a 601

Researching:
                      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi Andy,

If use the free search on the 1911 You will find a Percy Charles Mottram living with an Anita and also some children in Shropshire.

Kelly.

Comment

Kelly is correct and their names all tally with the BMD references I have posted for marriage and births

If you do not have subscription to 1911, the 'trick' of finding family groups (though relies on some guestimation if a common name), is to put just the surname in the surname field and the known name in the 'other members' fields that are available if you open the advance search tab. You can sort by registartion district and thus have some form of family name groups, though as I previously said, could be two families in same district, but helps when looking up certificates

Trev

Researching:

Comment

There is a possibility that this is the Percy C Mottram that was married to Gertrude Watson Mottram (nee Jones) this person was a relative.

Comment

Welcome to FTF, nem!

It looks as if Trevor hasn't been here for a couple of weeks. If you want not to wait for him to turn up on the site, it might be worth sending him a PM (personal message). If you click on his name, on the left, one of the options is to send a personal message. Depending on his settings, your message could send him an email to say you've sent it.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                              X