Robert Skilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Skilling

Can anyone please help me. A few months ago, when I first started researching my family history, I just typed the name Robert Skilling into the search engine and it cam up with exactly what I was looking for.
    Robert Skilling was my great uncle.He was born around 1876 in Dumfriesshire in Scotland. He must have joined the police force, as he was listed under one of their sites in Manchester, and it was from here that he enlisted in The Scots Guards in Clitheroe in Lancashire. His number was 5973 and he was killed in action 28/10/1914. I cannot find this site anymore as whenever I enter the name Robert Skilling in the search engine, all I get is something to do with weather forecasting. Any help will be much appreciated.

Which search engine are you using? If it's Google you can get it to skip mis-hits by adding the word you want to ignore with a minus sign in front of it. So if you are looking for a Twining who's nothing to do with tea you put Twining -tea.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Have you tried Robert Skilling with brackets ie "Robert Skilling"?

Janet

Comment

I don't know if this link is him or would be any help?

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks, the military genealogy site did help. There is a photo of his parent's grave, which mentions him as well

Comment

Working...
          X