Ancestry what have they done ???? UGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry what have they done ???? UGH

Last night I went to my tree and started to look through the records to add any to a name in my tree.
    After I had finished I went to another name but the bit in green, where after you have finished you can click on to Go back to whatever name it is you are working on , had the name of the previous person I had been searching for ??? and although I clicked on it I was taken to the name I was now working on ???
    Complicated I know , thing is today its still the same ??? the first name I worked on this morning is still appearing???
    Anybody else got the same thing ?
    And has somebody got their forum link for me to complain on thanks ?

Not the same problem but when I go to search for a tree on ancestry - one that I have seen lots of times before - I get nil results.
    Even though I know there are dozens of trees with that name in them.
    All I get is "you are here - Family Trees". I have tried lots of names but get no results and the same message
    I wonder if there are problems in the family tree section in general just now?? and that is why you are having problems adding names.
    Perhaps they are working on it.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

now I am getting the boy with the noose ??? blast. thanks Herky

Comment

Ancestry is down at the moment working through their problems!!!!!
        Di

Comment

Di judging but what I'm getting they have quite a few problems

Comment

I had been finding that, when submitting several corrections in a row, I was being offered info from the previous one and had to overwrite it, instead of the info from the current one.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's still having problems - and just when I am needing a vital bit of info I can sometimes get a result in the censuses if I use that horrible new search but if I use the old search the part of the page where the results are shown is empty. Either that or it's that wee laddie with the noose!

Comment

isnt it frustrating??

Comment

now I'm getting three kids on what looks like on a bomb site ???

Comment

Ancestry seems a complete mess today. Every page takes ages to load - that is, if it DOES load as I also keep getting that d****d kid with the noose. I decided to have a look at the American records whilst the .co.uk site sorts itself out...but it is just as bad. And it isn't helped by the fact that they seem to have taken away the exact search option so every search brings up thousands of results. It's been like that for over a week now but for a while beforehand I was finding the exact search didn't work at all. Perhaps they are trying to fix it at the moment.

Ann
                    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

its really not good enough , we pay enough for the service they already did some tweaking this week .

Comment

Let's hope the wait is worth it and there's lots of new data been loaded. I had the boy with a noose earlier but now I can't get in at all.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I'm in but its so so slow

Comment

I'm finding that my trees aren't there to look at, a bit of a pain as I really need to back up some stuff before my membership expires in few days!
                            Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Family Tree
                              It sure is busy around here.

Your family tree is just fine. Due to extremely high traffic, we've simply made this page easier to load by temporarily removing the family tree tool.

-----------------

I want my family tree !<stamps foot and sulks>

Clare

Comment

how can they have high traffic ??? nobody can get on

Comment

It was down again for about 10mins at about 22:30 last night (25th)
                                  Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Working...
                                  X