Look up Please Preston and Cheshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look up Please Preston and Cheshire

I am researching. Frederick Brown Born Burnley.1889. Married Doris Hargreaves 1924
    Believe Frederick was also the name of Frederick Father. and George was Doris's Father

I have found a Frederick and Doris married 1924. But Father's names are different.
    can any one help.?

Also trying to find if Maria Ann Challacombe And John Turner (Wheelwright)
    are the parents of Annie Turner Born in Northwich Cheshire 1863. I have the Ref.No/24/082
    I did send an email to the BMD Office in Northwich but they say I must pay for the certificate before
    they can search. I did this last time I wanted one and, ended up with the wrong one. So I am
    asking if any one goes to the cheshire Records If they would mind looking this up for me.
    Tipples

Tipples

How do you know the names of the fathers of Frederick and Doris? What do you mean, they are different?

Unfortunately, you cannot look at certificates before buying them. However, if you order from the GRO (as you are in Australia) and put father's name as a checking point, they will only charge you £3 if the certificate is wrong. (Northwich Registrar won't charge you anything if it is wrong, but I'm not sure how you would pay them from Australia).

OC

Comment

A John Turner married Maria Ann Challacombe in Crediton, Devon in Dec Q 1845 and in 1861 are living in Lambeth in London.. I have not found them in 1871.
      Frederick Brown married Doris Hargreaves at St. Peters Burnley, in the March Q 1924
      The only Frederick Brown that I can find in Burnley was born in 1890 in Colne, Burnley.
      Are you researching Frederick Brown who married Doris Hargreaves or Frederick Brown born 1889 as without the marriage details they may not be the same person
      Last edited by colin taylor; 25-02-10, 17:04.

Comment

Tipples has sent me a pm saying that he has John Brown's birth cert (John 1929-2005) and his parents are Doris Hargreaves and Frederick Brown.

You now need to get the marriage cert of Frederick Brown and Doris Hargreaves, which will give their father's names. Not sure where you have their fathers' names from without the cert, unless it is from family memory? Family memory is very often WRONG, lol.

OC

Comment

There was an enquiry about this marriage on another site in Feb 2010 and some kind person found the details from the archives.
          22 March 1924 at St Peters Church, Burnley.
          Frederick Brown bachelor age 24 of 103 Curzon St Burnley father Henry Brown (deceased ) Boiler Coverer.
          Doris Hargreaves Sp. age 23 Weaver of 29 Robert Street. Burnley Father Robert Hargreaves a Carter.
          Witnesses
          Robert Hargreaves
          John Hargreaves
          Mary Alice Hargreaves

Comment

I have completed my research on Brown and Challacombe in regards to look up Preston and Cheshire
            Thank you every one for your help Tipples

Comment

Working...
            X