Marriage help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage help please

I can't find a marriage or census for these two, have tried all different spellings, could someone with fresh eyes take a look please

William Cannell and Alice Quayle, about 1845 to 1854, should be in Cumbria but who knows

thanks

Joyce

How about this pair in 1861 in Liverpool, both born Ireland?
    RG9 Piece 2652 Folio: 36 Page 17
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

thanks for replying John, how do I put RG9 Piece 2652 Folio: 36 Page 17 in the search on findmypast?

Comment

Sorry, I subscribe to Ancestry, not Findmypast. I assume that you select "1861 census".

I got called away to cook the tea, otherwise I would have said that Cannell and Quayle seems to be fairly common surnames on the Isle of Man.

Comment

Hi Joyce,
          is the 1845-1854 when they were born?
          Can you give us anymore details please?
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

in 1861 there is a William Cannell in Whitehaven, Cumbria with parents William & Allice
            ~ Louise ~

Comment

wow thanks for all the replys guys, and John your bang on with the IOM, I finally found the marriage there!

Louise on findmypast there is nothing comming up for William Cannell 1861 Whitehaven, that is def. my family, as my GG Grandmother is born in Whitehaven, could you give me the address please so I can find it

BTW I found them in 1861 under CAMWELL lol

thanks

Joyce

Comment

There are lots of IoM surnames begining with Q.

Comment

Hi Joyce,
                  glad to be of help.
                  In 1851, they are at Greggs Lane, Tangier Street, Whitehaven.
                  William & Alice & first daughter Margaret are born Isle of Man, George, Mary Jane, William & Ann are all born Whitehaven.
                  ~ Louise ~

Comment

thanks Louise, that address is not on FMP, I get Tangier Street, but no greggs Lane, how strange.

Comment

Have you got them in other census now....I can't find them in 1841 in Isle of Man. There's a couple of possibilities, but they're mis-transcribed.
                      ~ Louise ~

Comment

Joyce,
                        I've pm'd you re; census.
                        Found George's birth O/N/D 1841 Whitehaven , surname as "Cannal".
                        William birth J/A/S/ 1847 Whitehaven "Cannall".
                        ~ Louise ~

Comment

Working...
                        X