hi can someone tell me if a malware i had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi can someone tell me if a malware i had

has gone for good.i was sent an email from so called ancestry telling me i had to change my email.i stupidly clicked and got a malware.
    i have panda security.so i phone the computer shop and he told me panda and others cant stop malware and it would cost me between £30/£45 to remove.
    well every time i put my computer on panda scans the computer...i noticed while it was scanning i could google so i google free malware...i got one and after it had removed the malware it said it had found a lot more and that it would only remove 100 i would have to pay the rest.i declined but the malware didnt come back.so i asked panda to do a full computer scan it did found 3 trogens and deleted.im ok now but how can i check its gone for good.i get a box when i boot up saying something couldnt do but i click it of it doesnt interfer with any thing.i have deleted cookies,temp files and history and defragged.can any one tell what i should do know?thankyou brenda xxx

Brenda,

to 'google' for software is as dangerous as responding to those emails.

There are masses of software programs out there that will scan your PC and, whether truthfull or not tell you that you need to purchase them to clean your PC.
    The truthful ones want yyou to pay for their software
    The ones that are lying, give false warnings of infections and just take your money for doing nothing at all.

These two programs WILL scan your PC and clean it for FREE.

MalwareBytes
    Protect your home and business PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices from the latest cyber threats and malware, including ransomware.

Superantispyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware protects you from malware, ransomware & spyware. Start your free trial today & remove Spyware, Rootkits, Adware, Viruses & More!

They both work by scanning, detecting and cleaning infections in their 'free' versions when you manually run a scan.
    They will encourage you to upgrade to a paid version, this version then runs in the background and warns you (just like your anti virus) when an infection is attempted.

If you stick with the free version, it will not be running 'in real time' like your antivirus, but only when you scan for infections, so would need to know you are infected to then manually run it.
    So the paid version gives a little bit more security for you.

All PCs should have:
    Anti virus software to protect from virus/trojan attacks
    Anti spyware/malware software to stop you from malware and browser hijackers
    A Firewall to protect from 'backdoor' hacking.

(£45 is cheap to the clean, as I charge £60!)

Trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thankyou trevor i have downloaded the superantispyware.....thankyou.money is tight so i am glad i can get it free.i have panda which doesnt run out for a while so will the 2 work together?many thanks brenda xxx

Comment

they will work fine together

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanyou downloaded it again thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

trev.....does it keep taking my log ins,as i keep having to log in even when i havent log out,i tick the remember my password.brenda xxx

Comment

It may delete cookies it deems are 'tracking' cookies, so could have mistakenly done this for some of your cookies that were safe after all.
              It will mean that you will need to recreate the cookie by using the 'remember my details' the next time that you log into a site and unless you run the cleaner again, you will not have this problem again

Researching:

Comment

thankyou trevor will do have a good day brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                X