X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for children born to jean cave/tate and winston shaw

don't think they were married but not sure
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

A few more details ould help us help you. What time frame are we looking at, and where?
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Please note that if Jean or Winston are possibly still alive and under the age of 100 then they should not be named on the boards - please see the site's terms and conditions in respect of living people http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...and-Conditions

Comment

hi jean and winston are both deceased i think there children would have been born between 1943 and 1955 in west yorkshire

Comment

do you know when and where the parents were born? (this might help in locating their marriage) do you have their death certs? (Jean/Winston) if so who were the informants?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

jean was born in bradford 1930 and winston born north bierley 1916.i dont have death certs

Comment

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
              hi jean and winston are both deceased i think there children would have been born between 1943 and 1955 in west yorkshire
              Being that the children are possibly/probably still living, please can I ask that if members locate the birth registrations then they should then send the details in a personal message to debsimlfc to avoid possible living persons being named on this thread. Many thanks!

Comment

you could try here

and see if any births show up, likewise for deaths, I did find W's birth reg, but could not see a corresponding death. do you know roughly when they died? There also seems to be a very big gap between them is this right?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

winston died aged 39 in 1955 he was hung at leeds for murdering jean who was 24 at the time

Comment

How awful.

Have you looked at the Times Online Digital Archive - as there could be something on there, which could possibly name the children??

If you haven't got free access, then I will look for you later on, after I've bathed my children

Comment

This is all I can find in the The Times for the time as it looks like Winston appealed -

21st April 1955

3rd May 1955

For a more detailed report then I suggest you try the local library which should hold the archive of the local newspaper

Comment

i dont have access to that thanks

Comment

Being that she is referred to 'Mrs' Jean Tate one can assume that they were not married.

Comment

Looking at the births on Ancestry 1945-1955 there are none in Yorkshire with the surname Shaw with either the mother's maiden name as Tate or Cave, which I think they would have been registered as.

Your best bet would therefore be the local newspaper reports, which I'm sure will be much more detailed. Knaresborough library should be able to help if you Google them. The county newspaper will be probably held at the county archive

Out of interest, how are you related to them?

Comment

jean was my great grandfathers cousin thankyou for your help

Comment

can i just ask if there is anywhere i can search for some info on my dad peter cheale between 1988 and 1993 he was in the telegraph and argus bradford and as far as i know some national newspapers

Comment

I would contact the papers where he would have worked.

I have a great uncle who was a local newspaper sub-editor, but have been unsuccessful in tracing any staff records relating to him.

Comment

he didnt work 4 them he was the news haha sorry i should have said

Comment

:D Oopsie!

... Off to delve into The Times Online...

Comment

Just realised by looking on there that it only goes up to 1985... sorry!

I'm not sure if The Telegraph has a similar online archive?

So it may be worth finding out where the archive for the Argus Bradford is held, so that you can view the relevant newspapers.

BTW, I'm presuming here that your father has passed away for you to name him on here??

Comment

Working...
                                        X