Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norfolk parish register images now on Familysearch.org (and other counties)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk parish register images now on Familysearch.org (and other counties)

Im never sure where to put "tips" on here,

Did everyone know they have this pilot collection now - I didnt! Just going to wander through some of the village records.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Is it working for you Heather,? I am just getting a dead link!!!.......Lilly

Comment

I used this link last week but for some reason the actual image pages don't load now. What I found on my first visits was worthwhile.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Comment

Thanks for that link Kate...just off to have a quick look.
        Liz

Comment

It was playing up yesterday I had problems viewing images, but managed last night ok. I think I have made real progress & will be putting up a query later, so keep your eyes open Norfolk experts!
          Lynn

Comment

Heather's link doesn't work, but Sunny Kate's link does.
            Otherwise, click on the main FamilySearch Record Search page: http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/
            And then click on "Browse our record collection", select Europe, and then the collection you want to search. :smilee:

I've been using it in conjunction with www.freereg.org.uk which has very good coverage for many Norfolk parishes.
            Last edited by Cloggie; 23-02-10, 08:33.
            Sarah

Comment

It works for me Guys - found quite a lot last night til my eyes got sore.

Hope its useful for you lot too

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
                I've been using it in conjunction with www.freereg.org.uk which has very good coverage for many Norfolk parishes.
                I've been using FreeREG to locate parishes which haven't been transcribed but are on the familysearch site and are in the right area of Norfolk (using ParLoc) - it's working well so far.

But if anyone spots Tabitha Bush born c1737 I'd be forever in your debt!
                Kind regards,
                William
                Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Norfolk Baptism Project is excellent too. I have just found a load of rellies in Swaffham and Downham Market Wesleyan Methodist records which have just been added.
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Oh, I wish these people would suddenly jump out the pages at me.

Dont forget guys, engrave the names on your eyelids - Edward Horstead and Elizabeth Selby (or selvy) marriage should be circa 1760-63

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                      I've been using FreeREG to locate parishes which haven't been transcribed but are on the familysearch site and are in the right area of Norfolk (using ParLoc) - it's working well so far.

But if anyone spots Tabitha Bush born c1737 I'd be forever in your debt!
                      Have you seen I expect you have and have you checked the image:-
                      Swannington
                      St Margaret
                      Baptism 25 May 1735
                      Tabitha BUCK
                      Father Robert
                      File no: 3037

Comment

Hi Maggie,
                        I hadn't seen that - even though it appears on FreeREG - don't know how I missed it as a possibility - thanks!!
                        Swannington is only about 12 miles from where 'my' Tabitha later married and was buried. I'll have a look at the image later when I have a chance - perhaps it'll even say Bush!!

Thanks again - I've been looking for Tabitha for 3/4 years. Hopefully I can prove it's her.
                        Kind regards,
                        William
                        Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Working...
                        X