Printing a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing a tree

I want to produce a condensed ancestor tree for a neice who is getting married, just to show where her surname (the one she is about to give up!) came from.
    I have it prepared on FTM there are 8 generations , To print from FTM it prints on 6 sheets, the tree itself is just lager than A3 which would be quite big enough. Don't want it to be pretentious. I can see it can be exprted fron FTM as a PDF, but what can I do with it then. I could have access to an A3 printer, but can't work out how to get it onto a single sheet.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Sue at the seaside; 22-02-10, 19:22.
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Sue,
    The only thing I can think of at the moment is, if you export it as pdf, then in your pdf program (Adobe or Foxit or whichever), you can play around with the options in the print dialogue to get multiple pages on one sheet. Trying it out quickly just now in Foxit I had to try different combinations of options (Page arrange, Pages per sheet, Page order etc) to get the original pages in the right position on the one sheet. You will still get gaps between the pages though, unless you can reduce the margins on your original pages close to zero. Not using FTM I don't know what the options there are.

Laurence.

Comment

Thanks for that sugestion, I'll give it a try, I contacted Ron at Genealogy printers, he says an A3 tree will cost £10, not too bad at all, so I might go for that if I can't tweak it myself.
      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Working...
      X