Hauff /Canada BC- Birth/Marriage, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauff /Canada BC- Birth/Marriage, help please

Is there anyone who could possibly help me with Canadian births & marriages please. I'm looking for the births of Alexander Hauff & Gordon Hauff (it could be the same person) born around 1918, most likely in Victoria BC. Parents Anne Hauff nee White, & Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff, b 1895. occ/Chemist
    If it's any help the daughter of Anne Hauff nee White & Gordon Hauff is Winona Mary Hauff DOB 14th Sept 1927 Victoria BC...

Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff & Ann White would be the marriage I'm looking for, also most likely to be in Victoria BC around 1918. ....Gordon's father> Reinhold Carl Heinrich Hauff, mother Mary Hannah Hutchinson...

Many thanks
    Last edited by olga_b; 21-02-10, 16:36.
    Olga

I presume the d.o.b. is 1918, not 1818.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

ooops yes!!

Thank you UJ
      Olga

Comment

Here's a link to the BC indices but I can't see any marriages for Hauff. However, if you don't already have it, Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff died 20 Sept 1967. There is also a death of Ann Anderson Whyte Hauff in 1982, aged 83.

If you can wait a couple of weeks (until the Olympics are over LOL) I can look up the details from the microfilm at the Vancouver library. The death certificate usually gives a fair amount of detail including spouse and parents' names, where they lived, what they did and the witness's name might be useful.
        Jenny

Comment

Hi Olga - here is some info on Gordon - HAUFF, GORDON EDGAR HOWARD - http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/d...?id_nbr=450078 giving dob 02/05/1893
          Also, if you search the surname, more come up..

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
            Here's a link to the BC indices but I can't see any marriages for Hauff. However, if you don't already have it, Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff died 20 Sept 1967. There is also a death of Ann Anderson Whyte Hauff in 1982, aged 83.

If you can wait a couple of weeks (until the Olympics are over LOL) I can look up the details from the microfilm at the Vancouver library. The death certificate usually gives a fair amount of detail including spouse and parents' names, where they lived, what they did and the witness's name might be useful.
            Many thanks for the link & info Jenny... & yes please that would be brilliant.... I have the patience of a saint... LOL... It could very well be Ann Whyte as the info I have is via telephone to another Hauff family member, then emailed to me...So now I'm quite excited... & waiting patiently..... :-)
            Olga

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
              Hi Olga - here is some info on Gordon - HAUFF, GORDON EDGAR HOWARD - http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/d...?id_nbr=450078 giving dob 02/05/1893
              Also, if you search the surname, more come up..
              Thank you naomiatt, that's the man. He altered his YOB on his attestation.....his birth date being 2-5-1895!!
              Olga

Comment

No problem, once the crowds have gone I'll take a visit to the library and look up the information for you.
                Jenny

Comment

Hauff lineage

Hi Olga, my name is Ian Hauff son of Gordon A R Hauff and Eva Lyons Hauff. My great grandfather I believe is your brother? Would like to talk about his life with you. Thanks. Ian.

Originally posted by olga_b View Post
                  Is there anyone who could possibly help me with Canadian births & marriages please. I'm looking for the births of Alexander Hauff & Gordon Hauff (it could be the same person) born around 1918, most likely in Victoria BC. Parents Anne Hauff nee White, & Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff, b 1895. occ/Chemist
                  If it's any help the daughter of Anne Hauff nee White & Gordon Hauff is Winona Mary Hauff DOB 14th Sept 1927 Victoria BC...

Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff & Ann White would be the marriage I'm looking for, also most likely to be in Victoria BC around 1918. ....Gordon's father> Reinhold Carl Heinrich Hauff, mother Mary Hannah Hutchinson...

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Ian and welcome to FTF

Olga hasn't been on for a while, so I suggest that you send her a Private Message and if her e-mail address hasn't changed she will get notification of your message. If you click on her name to the left of her post you will see the choice to send her one.
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 07-06-18, 09:51.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Many thanks to Naomi for contacting me & Chrissie....
                      Hi Ian, great to hear from you...for some reason I am unable to send you a private message..
                      My grandmother was a Hauff, her father my great g'father was Reinhold Charles Henry Hauff, b. Durham. brother of you Gordon Edgar Howard Hauff. Her brother's were Reynold & Stanley Hauff, sister's Olga & Isabella. At a guess we are roughly the same generation....Look forward to hearing more from you....
                      Olga

Comment

Working...
                      X