Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Incoming passenger list

Hi

would somone please do a favour and let me know all the info that is shown on the record for a
    Mr S Bernard Siffleet bn circa 1898,

Many thanx in advance
    WendyP

S Bernard Siffleet, age 26 travelling from Shanghai , China to London. Arrived 20/2/1925. Profession Bookseller. Address in UK: "Ranmore" Northcourt Road, Worthing, Sussex. Travelled 2nd Class. Country of last Permanent Residence: Shanghai, China. Country of intended future residence: England.

Ship Name: Hakusan Maru

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanyou for this it's much appreciated

May I ask is there by any chance anything shoiwng in the same passenger list on an Eileen Norah Siffleet bn circa 1896?

If not can I expand on this and ask if there is a marriage showing for an Eileen Norah Wright?

Thanx,
      WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy, Have done some checking - no trace of an Eileen Norah Siffleet, or an Eileen Norah Wright as an incoming passenger. Also no trace of a marriage for Eileen Norah Wright. However, on the Familyrelatives.com site, there is an entry on Overseas records for a marriage in Shanghai, between 1921 and 1925, between Sidney Bernard Siffleet and Eileen Norah McCarthy.
        Would that be your lot? Unfortunately, there is still not an entry for her coming into the country. Will have another look.

Linda
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi Linda

Yes that was the connection I'm trying to make. This info is for a friend who doesn't have computer access and I said I'd have a look. I did try FMP overseas but now knowing a rough date I'll take another look. My contact had her as Siffleet Nee Mccarthy formerly Wright in their notes but never knew Mr Siffleets first name or initial.

Thanks again for your help.
          WendyP

Comment

Hi Linda

I've now seen the marriage ref on FMP. Once again thankyou.
            Last edited by WendyP; 21-02-10, 12:25. Reason: correcting text
            WendyP

Comment

Is it possible that the wife died in China and that's why he was alone on the voyage?
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I dont think so, unless our sums are incorrect. My contact knows she was still alive as she gave birth to a child whose birth was registered in Liverpool in March 1926.

But thanx for asking that question because I dont think that they have the actual birth cert of this child - yet.
                WendyP

Comment

Working...
                X