Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please! I've got a new printer/scanner.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please! I've got a new printer/scanner.......

....and I'm dithering about how to go about installing it, or rather, unistalling my old ones. Until now I've had a separate printer and scanner but the printer has died of old age so I need to uninstall it and the scanner. I know I do it through the add/remove programs bit of the XP control panel but what I'm not sure of is the order it would be best to do things in.

Do I disconnect the two pieces of equipment from the computer and then uninstall the software or do I do it the other way round? Does it matter?

I know this sounds so elementary but I've never done it before and keep putting off the moment...but I want to use my lovely new printer. Any advice please?

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I don't think I ever uninstalled the old printer! Its still there in the drop down list anyway. I just intalled the new one and made that my default printer.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      I don't think I ever uninstalled the old printer! Its still there in the drop down list anyway. I just intalled the new one and made that my default printer.

Anne
      Thanks Anne...but what about the scanner?

Ann
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

I don't really know! My scanner is attached to the computer via a USB cable. If I pull the cable out the computer won't even know its there. I can't see it would do any harm just to install the new one and use that. *not an expert though - I could be talking rubbish!*

Anne

Comment

First you run the installation discs for the new items WITHOUT them being attached.
          Then you attach the printer, PC will recognise it, use the installed drivers to set it up.
          repeat for the scanner.

There should be no need to remove the old scanner/printer applications

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks very much Anne and Trevor. That's my job for tomorrow then!

Ann
            Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
            X