Help needed to find children who died between census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to find children who died between census

James Owen b1874 Manchester, married Sarah Ellen Wilkinson b1877 Manchester, in Dec 1897.
    In 1911 they have James aged 11 and Edna aged 5 months. They have been married 13 years and have had 6 children with only James and Edna surviving. They are at 85 Holland Street, Miles Platting, Manchester.
    I don't have access to 1901 census (my Ancestry sub expired and I cannot renew at present).
    I have looked at FreeBMD but cannot identify whether any of the births are their children as mother's maiden name is not included.
    Is there another way of finding this information?

Have to go out now so will check back later.
    Last edited by Granny Lynne; 20-02-10, 11:14.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

In 1901 James is the only child with them - aged 2. They are living in Manchester at NO 62 of what looks like South Porter ?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I think you have your work cut out Lynn I'm afraid. Am I right in thinking the births were registered under Bolton? As that is the only likely ref I could see for Edna and it covers Greater Manchester. There are literally dozens of deaths of babies from 1901 to 1911 census time in Bolton. Too many to type out so will PM them to you, in case any sound like family names or give you a clue in any way.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie,
        So that means James was born 1898/9 whcih is what I have but have not pinned down his birth record yet (I have a choice of 2 in 1899).
        Edna's birth record is Dec Qtr 1910 Prestwich 8d 355.
        As far as I am aware, they were all Manchester, not Bolton.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Good luck Lynne - have PM'd you.

Comment

Working...
          X