John Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Scott

Please can anyone find any info for me on John Scott. I do not know the exact date of his birth but he married Mary Dalrymple (born 1821 in Annan, Dumfriesshire, Scotland). One of their children was Janet Rae Scott, my great grandmother, who was born in 1855, in Dumfriesshire. She died 18th December 1934. I have been unable to find any information concerning John Scott. I do realise that Scott is a very common name in Scotland, but if anyone can give me any information,(particularly the names of his parents) I would be very appreciative.

Nodrogw

If you get Janet Rae Scott's birth cert, it will give you all sorts of fantistic information - 1855 was the first year of civil registration in Scotland and the certificates were particularly informative, giving date of parents marriage, mother's maiden name, number of other children born to this couple and the whereabouts of the parents' birth.

Scotlands People will have this cert. you will need to buy 60 credits for £5, but you can then instantly download the cert for 6 credits - i credit to view search results, the other 5 for the download. Actual searches are free.

Lucky you, having an 1855 certificate!

OC

Comment

According to the 1861 Scottish census John Scott was born c1827 in Canobie, Dumfries and Mary was born c1821 in Dornock, Dumfries. They are living in Newbie Barns, Annan, Dumfriesshire with 5 children.

Parish: Annan; ED: 8; Page: 3; Line: 5; Roll CSSCT1861_142; Year: 1861.

1841 census has a John Scott born c1826 with parents James (c1783) and Jane Scott (c1797) living in Forgebrea Head, Canobie, Dumfriesshire

Parish: Canonbie; ED: 10; Page: 12; Line: 967; Roll ; Year: 1841.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
      X