HELP please with virus site - cousin infected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP please with virus site - cousin infected

My elderly cousin rang me earlier nearly in tears because his puter is playing up. After a lot of discussion he said to me, and the computer keeps telling me it has 580 viruses but wants me to pay to get rid of them and when I click to get rid of the message, it just comes up again

SO, this is that rotten spoof virus thing isnt it - that comes up in a bubble pretending its your anti virus and once you click on it you cant get rid of it.

I remember there is a fix to get rid, can anyone help me out here please so I can tell cousin.

Hi Heather,

get her to download SuperAntiSpyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware protects you from malware, ransomware & spyware. Start your free trial today & remove Spyware, Rootkits, Adware, Viruses & More!

Install it, run it's database update then scan her PC and it should find and clean this nasty little '******' (I bet its name 2010).

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi trev, thank you. I told him to run malwarebytes but he doesnt really follow the results at all.

Ill send him a mail to try this one aswell. Poor old soul, sounded so upset.

Comment

Malwarebytes is also good, but I find that SuperSW is easier to understand for newbies
        Just scan and say yes to all fixes

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor, thats what I told him, Just to install, run and then when it gives a list of bad things and offers to delete click for yes. Hope he can manage it. If not, anyone living in Tunbridge Wells, lol.

Comment

Hi Trevor, he did the antispyware, got 55 incidents but apparently just cookie type things and no change with the problem. Im trying to get him to download and run malwarebytes now.

Comment

If you can get the name of the application that tells him to download itself, I'll look up a fix

Researching:

Comment

Hi, well, panic over. His son abroad has fixed it using logmein. How wonderful is that. I never knew you could take over someones puter remotely and sort it like that. Wonderful. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You can always follow this guide http://www.briteccomputers.co.uk/for...rojan-removal/

Comment

Many thanks.

Thats a really good page for info Brit, thank you. One of my probs is since I had VISTA, I never seem to be able to do system restore anyway.
                    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 20-02-10, 20:10.

Comment

Heather, I have Vista and you can do a system restore on it. Click on your Start button, then type Restore in the search box of the Start menu, then click System Restore. This will start the System Restore wizard.
                      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Hi - yes I can do that Stella, but at the end it always says its been unsuccessful :(

Comment

Heather, try doing it in Safe Mode. I read that somewhere on the computer.
                          Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

I will try next time

Comment

Working...
                            X