Birth Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificates

I have a small piece of paper which acknowledges that my father's birth has been registered. It is not a full birth certificate, as it gives no other information than that the birth hass been registered. He was born 8th June 1909 in Great Barr, Birmingham, but the paper I have shows the registration district as Walsall (Staffordshire) and the registrar being the one in Aldridge. Can anyone suggest whether I should write to Walsall or Birmingham for a copy of the full certificate

I have the shortened form of my Dads birth cert as well as the long version & it gives both the registration district, Hendon & the sub district Willesden.

I think if I was going to order from the distrct I would go for Hendon but I always opt for the GRO.;)

In your case I think I would go for Wallsall or the GRO.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Walsall still has a Register Office so I would send my application there, I never use the GRO.

Here's a link to the RO's website

Jay

Comment

I would try Birmingham Register Office, they are really very helpful..just give them all the info that you have, if there is no match they will return your cheque to you. Have you actually found the birth registration on the index???

Margaret.
        Last edited by skylark; 19-02-10, 19:19.
        Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Working...
        X