Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email from Irish Family History Foundation: genuine or dodgy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from Irish Family History Foundation: genuine or dodgy?

I've had an email from IFHF addressed to me using my full name, saying that their site security has been compromised at that, although there's no risk to any credit card or payment details, usernames, email addresses and passwords are at risk and that I should click on the link in the message to change my password and that I should also make changes if I use the same combination of email address and password at other sites.

The link in the email address goes to https://brsgenealogy.com/ifhf/login.php
    which looks genuine enough. But I'm a bit concerned.

Has anyone else had this message?

Thanks,
    Belinda
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Yes, a few people have received this message and there have been a couple of threads on it. I received it too. It looks genuine, and it said that the next time I visited the IFHF site I would have to change my password - which I did. Regardless of whether it's genuine though, it would be a good idea to change your password - and I actually had to - I couldn't log in on the site without changing it.
    I didn't click on the link in the message though. Just googled IFHF and accessed the site that way to be on the safe side.
    Sarah

Comment

Thank you, Sarah. I'd recorded the fact that I'd created a login with "Irish roots" instead of writing down the site's real name, which was silly! So I wasn't at all sure that I'd signed up to use this site. Now that I've checked I can see that this IS the site I'd registered with (duh!) and I've changed my password. Thanks for your help - it was reassuring!
      Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Working...
      X