Your thoughts on this please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on this please!

Last week I was contacted by someone on GR saying that I had her uncle in my tree. Her surname was the same name as one of his sisters married name so I assumed that she was a child of theirs and asked her so. Of course she said yes so I opened my tree for her to view.

She opened hers for me but it only had her name, no DOB just Ireland.

I asked her to contact me direct several times and I would give her even more details than on my tree plus certificates, photo's etc. But got no response.

Just looked at her tree now and she has a different surname and claims to be born in SE Australia! Odd or what!!!
    teresa

Odd indeed. Close your tree immediately, but I wouldn't waste any more time thinking about her.

Kate x

Comment

Kath

My surname on GR is neither my maiden name nor my married name! I made up a name because, at the time, GR was displaying women's maiden names on postings on the boards.

I did not want my "real" name being displayed on a public forum such as GR (along with my REAL date of birth and goodness knows what other identifying info!) with the security lapses which have afflicted GR over the years.

So it may just be that...or maybe she is using the GR account of a relative, which could account for different birth places.

OC

Comment

I closed my tree to her a couple of days ago.

To-day I received the birth certificate of who she claims her mother is .....and those of her mother's 2 siblings just to prove that they are cousin's of my late father..and they are.

I sent her a message again asking if she can provide me with her mother's birth date to prove that we are related. She has opened my message but as yet no response.

Why bother contacting me if she doesn't want to know all about her mother's side of the family? I have researched my grandmother's family extensively and obtained all of their BDM's and some family history too which I'm only to pleased to share with her via my email address but still no response. She did ask me how I manged to find out so much info after first viewing my tree.

Oh well... her loss not mine! So frustrating though!!!!!
        teresa

Comment

Working...
        X