Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for living relatives - tips or how to's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for living relatives - tips or how to's?

Hi all,

Am asking on behalf of another family member, about how to trace forwards for living relatives. I've quickly scanned the wiki but didn't find anything obvious - please feel free to direct me if there is! We have some possible names and marriages in the 50's and late 60's and are wondering whether it's possible to trace these potential living relatives. I understand that electoral rolls can only be searched by address, but what does that mean exactly. Could we scan down a roll for a given area and see if any names pop out, or would we literally have to have a specific address to look at? Obviously we're googling the names as well - one can always do worse, but I'd appreciate any tips you might have,

Many thanks,
    Kate xx

Try http://www.192.com/search/people.cfm

Comment

If you go into a local library to check your own appearance on the electoral role - as one ought to, really, from time to time! - you'll see how the info is laid out.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X