Birth certificate 1838

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate 1838

I have ordered a birth certificate for a rellie born 1838. Will the mother's maiden name be on it?
    PAT

should have although I have one from 1901 that doesn't have the mothers maiden name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
      should have although I have one from 1901 that doesn't have the mothers maiden name on it.
      That's extraordinary, for a UK birth cert. Was it a photo-copy style cert or a transcribed one? If it had been a transcribed one, I'd be inclined to query it with the issuing office.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

After 1837, they were a standard format, unaltered for many years and should show maiden name.

I have one for September 1837 and mother's maiden name is included.

Comment

Unless it was the 'short' certificate.
          Glen

Comment

The certificate should be here tomorrow. If it is the right one and the maiden name is on I will find out my gggrandmother's name
            PAT

Comment

Working...
            X