HELP!!!!!!! please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!!! please

Hi, I am trying to sort my OH's tree out, and there are more twists and turns in it then???? John Joseph Pattullo c1877 should have married Emily Gledhill, but now I find that there is a Emily Meek in the frame as well. Great but then his (John) sister Sarah Ann Patullo c1875 goes and marries aThomas Meek. all from Liverpool Is this right. I think that if I keep this up I'll have no hair left Can you please help me through this maze .:o
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi - according to Liverpool BMD -
    PATTULLO John J GLEDHILL Emily E Toxteth Park, St. Matthew Liverpool 2117TP/3/404 - 1898
    In 1894
    MEEK Thomas GLEDHILL Sarah A Liverpool, Our Lady & St. Nicholas & St. Anne Liverpool 2053LP/81/130
    and an Emily Meek is showing for 1915
    MEEK Emily COVENTRY Alfred J Toxteth Park, Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool REG_TP/55/59

an Emily Coventry shows as marrying in 1932 - 2nd marriage??
    There are quite a few Pattullo marriages on there and Meek's...
    Last edited by naomiatt; 16-02-10, 10:22.

Comment

Thanks for that , I still wonder why Emily Meek was in pencil in next to John Joseph, still that is part of the maza. Thank you so much
      Sheila

Comment

Pattullo/Gladhill marriage in 1898 would be correct, as 1911 has them in Toxteth married for 13 years with 6 children.
        John born in Hull 1877

Funny thing is, if you look John up on 1881 census, he is listed as John Sabieston Patullo and not John Joseph.
        He is with his parents in Toxteth

BMD has him registered as John Sebeston Patullo

The father was a seaman, sailing between Liverpool and Hull
        Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 16-02-10, 10:44.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi - that 1932 marriage was to a John but surname of N*sh......

Emily was born - MEEK Emily Enid Stretford Trafford STR/36/36 1885
          if the right one....maybe there was confusion as Thomas's sister might be Emily and John married an Emily..and Emily's sister, Sarah married Thomas! ;D

Comment

Hello thanks again I am begining to think that John Joseph and John Sabieston may be the same person what do you think ??? I know it sounds daft, but that's how this tree has got me. well I'm of to bed so Night Night
            Sheila

Comment

On BMD, 1874 Liverpool
              A John Patullo married Catherine Kent
              1881 census in Toxteth Park, Lancashire
              John (born c1848 Scotland)and Catherine are there with daughter Sarah Ann (Age 6, born Liverpool) and son John Sabieston (age 4 born Hull)
              BMD has Sarah Ann registered in HULL 1875 and John Sabeston registered in HULL 1877.

'Namomiatt' has provided their marriage record as according to Liverpool BMD -
              PATTULLO John J GLEDHILL Emily E Toxteth Park, St. Matthew Liverpool 2117TP/3/404 - 1898
              I see where you got the 'Joseph' from, as FreeBMD has the marriage of John and Emily listed as John Joseph Pattulls Toxteth park 1898

1911 census has them still in Toxteth John Born 1877 in Hull, Emily born 1881 in Liverpool.
              1911 they have 6 children born between 1899 and 1910, Last three all appear on BMD as registered in Toxteth.
              James 1904, Thomas 1907 and Sarah Ann 1910.
              (Surnames Pattulo and Pattullo).

Have you checked 1901 census, as Emily is there (name Emma PATTULLS) with children Francis and Ellen.
              I would safely assume that this John and Emily you are looking for are correct as his place and DoB are exactly the same, just wonder where the 'Joseph' in his name at marriage from?.

Also on BMD in Toxteth Park:
              Donald Valentine born 1908, but not on later census which states that they did had one child die.
              And these births in Toxteth Park show mother as 'Gledhill', Elizabeth 1912, Catherine 1914, Alice 1916, evelyn 1918, Henry G 1920, Rachael W 1922.

And returning to John (born c1848 in Scotland), who Married Catherine
              IGI have a possible match for him Ref C112829 John Smith Patullo, born 21st Jan 1848; Parents James Petullo and Helen Black.
              Could not see John and Helen's marriage, but May 1847 is marriage of a John P to Mary Forbes Ref M112884
              There is July 1848 a John P marriage to Barbara Simpson ref M112754 , but they have a son called John in 1849 ref C112754

So, hopefully there is something here you can use in your research??
              Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 16-02-10, 14:10.

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Good Morning TrevorFranklin,
                Thank you for that. With a new day ( It's still raining) and your infomation, I should be able to Stream on right ahead
                Thanks again
                Sheila;D

Comment

Hi Sheila - off the subject, the rain here was incredible - they reckon in some places it's the same as the 1974 floods.

On the subject, perhaps there was a Joseph used somewhere in the past with the Pattullo family...

Comment

Naomi---- Yes we heard that on the news last night. Here the water in over the ankles out back as it has been for the last week The paddock is as waterlogged I am worried that a couple of the big trees may come down. The cat has her "water ring and flippers " on otherwise all is well, we are not cut off by a long chalk
                    Sheila

Comment

Donald Valentine Patello

just a small thing LOL Donald Vatentine Patullo was born Dec 1908 but on the 1911 census he's not around, it said his mother Sarah had 1 dead child but we can't find a death record for him any where can you help please? or give any thoughts as to what happened
                      Regards
                      Sheila

Comment

Hi - Births Dec 1908
                        Patullo Donald Valentine Toxteth Park 8b 194
                        Are you sure he died and not another child?? - or - was he visiting someone perhaps..

I looked for Donald as a first name deaths from Sept 1908-June 1911 on FreeBMD..but couldn't see one that matched up..

Have you seen this about a book - http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.as...names.pattillo
                        Last edited by naomiatt; 17-02-10, 02:10.

Comment

Sorry I have taken so long to answer I have been shopping UGH!!!!!! I don't think any other child was born or died in that time frame. As for Donald Valentine been " away from home " that's a thought . None of the Elders remember him or his name being mentioned and it is a name you would not forget in a hurry.
                          Sheila

Comment

There is a Donald PATULLO - says born 1909 - aged 2 - Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland
                            could be from another family??

Have you ever heard of that book?

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
                              There is a Donald PATULLO - says born 1909 - aged 2 - Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland
                              could be from another family??

Have you ever heard of that book?
                              This Donald was the son of John Gregor Patullo and Elizabeth.
                              They are in Newcastle upon Tyne with their family on the 1911.
                              John G was born in Edingburgh 1875.

I have looked up your John and Emily on 1911 again, the image proves that Donald was dead, as it states that they had 7 children, with 6 still living and these are all listed with their parents on the census

Researching:

Comment

Hi Trevor, Sorry not to have answered before . I think that I am going to have to buy credits on 1911 to so I can see . Thanks, that it was great you found that out for me
                                Sheila

Comment

Working...
                                X