Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Premium

Hi All
    I have just upgraded to Ancestry Premium and it is really good.

I appear to be seeing a problem because I know that one of my family was christened in 1811at St John Horseleydown as the IGI suggests, but the Ancestry records only go back as far as 1813 for this church ... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The years before then are really important for my research so does anyone know the reason why they are not included as it affects many other records to, bit dissapointed about this

Might be a very good reason though but where did the IGI get its information from ? ? ? ?

Tony

There are some earlier records for the church.
    Click on the following link .. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...d=0%3a7858%3a0
    On the right hand side of the page select Southwark as the Borough, St. John Horsleydown as the parish and the time period you need.

The only problem is that these earlier records have not been transcribed so you need to literally search the images of the parish records for whatever you need.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
      Whose a clever girl then...thanks have found him

Thanks for the explanation about the records.
      Are there still more records in London to be scanned do you know for all the other dates ? ?

Tony

Comment

They do seem to be adding more of these LMA records, but I've no idea of what else is expected.
        Elaine

Comment

The LMA site has some info about what else is happening with Ancestry

Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie, found the link. seems lots soon.

Tony

Comment

If you have any number of London marriages covered by the LMA records, then you can probably recover your sub-increase in saved certificate fees!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine
                Thanks about weighing up the costs.
                After playing all day you are right, lots of money can be saved with careful selections.

Seems like I was a bit hasty with my views when I think what is involved getting them all digitized and bringing it to our screens... well done Ancestry and still very ongoing it seems

Talking of costs saved, when I was travelling to the LMA a few years ago from here in Tamworth via Euston if I went on peak times it was over £100 just for the train, so think of all that saving....

Back to the addiction I must go lol
                Tony

Comment

Ancestry is closing down for a few hours Thursday morning - maybe they will be adding more records?????

Comment

Working...
                  X