Any ideas to sort this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas to sort this please?

I'm hoping for some advice from some of you who are more computer literate than me please.

For some time now I've been getting error messages when I log on, we have BT wireless broadband as a server and log online with BT Yahoo Broadband. I thought the problem seemed to happen after BT brought in McAfee which was downloaded onto the computer. After listening to others I have removed McAfee and downloaded AVG instead, it has done a complete scan, found and removed 10 items and I hoped the error problem might have gone too, but when I just logged back online it is still coming up.

This is the sort of thing I'm getting but not always exactly the same numbers or url details.

An error has occured in the script on this page.
    Line:43
    Char: 207
    Code: 0
    URL this then give a code which seems to link to my mail box.

Also, what else should I be looking at to keep the computers safe as well as having AVG ?
    Last edited by Durham Lady; 15-02-10, 14:38.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

That error means there is a problem on the website you are on, not your PC.

Nothing you can do about it, it's up to the Webmaster of that site.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy, wonder why it's happening?
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi GG

Some web pages have scripts in them, such as Java or other languages, if the creator of the page has not correctly tested it, then the page will be trying to do something it cannot and your web browser will return the line of the HTML code that the error appears on.

It has nothing to do with your browser or any anti-virus you may be using.

regards
        Trev

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trev, so I assume I just click on yes when it asks do I want to continue running scripts? I do anyway LOL
          Daphne

Comment

glad you asked this Daphne I get them some times wasnt sure what they meant ?

Comment

Sometimes thare is a problem with the IGI search engine, where the 'response' has an error when you select the search page and you get a message regarding VB Script error.

Most common problem is that many sites are written for IE7 and the latest IE8 works slightly differently (Technical reasons regarding 32Bit and 64Bit access).

Like all 'new' applications, there are some incompatible issues that have to be ironed out (Look at Windows 7 and the problem with driver files). Some times this may be an issue with firewalls/anti-virus software, but that is extremely rare.
              Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 15-02-10, 19:33.

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks Trevor

Comment

Working...
                X