Russian Births

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Births

On the 1871 English Census I have found that 4 children were born in Moscow, Russia.
    They are born to English Parents. Father was a Cotton Spinner who I assume was based out in Moscow.
    The eldest child was born in Rochdale, Lancs in 1847 and they had obviously returned to this country by 1871.
    Can anyone assist me in finding out anything about the baptism's and Birth registrations whilst in Russia.
    Thanks

Holcan

Some of my Lancashire cotton spinners and weavers were seconded to places like Russia and Prussia and had children out there.

In most cases, they had the children baptised once they returned home, and in one case, registered a birth two years after the event, when they returned home.

Try the LDS for baptisms in Russia.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      Holcan

Some of my Lancashire cotton spinners and weavers were seconded to places like Russia and Prussia and had children out there.

In most cases, they had the children baptised once they returned home, and in one case, registered a birth two years after the event, when they returned home.

Try the LDS for baptisms in Russia.

OC
      Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
      X