X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patraparochial

can anyone tell me please what this means. Many thanks
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Just googled it and nothing came up.

I have on 1851 census for Lincoln a family whose parish is Extra parocial which is 'considered to be outside any parish'.

Might not help much but wondered how clear the writing was
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

where have you seen that Jules? is it on a census somewhere?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

A friend asked me if I could find out what it is so I don't have the actual census she is looking at. But I think you are right Lin, probably a mis-read of extra. Thankyou
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

nothing in our Big Book about it

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for looking Julie. I think it possibly is extra rather than patra.
            Jules

Comment

Hi - patra can mean a piece of paper..or a leaf from a book....http://www.tribuneindia.com/2001/200...dows/roots.htm and patr from Latin....http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index...iew_unit/2572/
              relating to father, family member, fatherland, country, nation.....or it could just be extra!;D
              Last edited by naomiatt; 15-02-10, 09:20.

Comment

Working...
              X