NSW State Records - this is new !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW State Records - this is new !

I am not sure when this happened, but I did not notice it when I was on the site the other day.

New! Scroll through digital copies of the Bounty Immigrants lists, ship by ship, just as you would if you were going through a microfilm in the reading rooms.

This is part of a pilot project to digitise the microfilm copies of the Persons on bounty ships (Agent's Immigrant Lists), 1838-96 (NRS 5316); Persons on bounty ships arriving at Port Phillip, 1839-51 (NRS 5318) and Germans on bounty ships, 1849-52 (NRS 5320).

These shipping lists can be found on microfilm reels 2134-2143. If you find an assisted immigrant entry in our Online Index with a reference to one of these reels then try out the new "Online Reel" below.

It is just a pilot with 1838-1896 covered, but I am not sure if its all ships. The images give all those details that you had to go and look at on the microfilm, but now you can look up the index and then look at the image online.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Many thanks Di, I found one of the people I was looking for on the list.

Comment

Glad to know they are useful.

The hours I spent hunting through these microfilms ! They were the first place I went after I discovered my Bounty or Assisted Migrants. Without them I would never have known which town or county to start. I feel like looking again, just to seee the original information they gave the Immigration Agents.

Di
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

That's very interesting news... Now I've just got to remember which trees might have names affected by that set of images!

I have one in Feb 1872 - but he was coming into Melbourne, Vic, not NSW. I think I have some others - but they were QLD!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that information Di - will be very useful as most of my lot arrived between 1838 and 1868.

Comment

Hi - this was mentioned the other day on FTF......http://www.convictconnections.org.au/convictsA-D.html might be handy if you don't know of it already..

Comment

Looks good...............I wish they'd put the NSW electoral rolls for the 1920s online......lol

Comment

couldnt find mine as usual! i think they were elusive on purpose!

Comment

Working...
                X