Alfred and Ivey Mallett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred and Ivey Mallett

Joseph Mallett is on the 1911 in Wisbech with his wife, and niece Ivey, aged 5, born in Wisbech, Cambs. Joseph had one brother, Alfred Edward Mallett, born 1868, in Walsoken Norfolk, so Ivey is presumably Alfreds child.

However, I can't find any other trace of either Alfred or Ivey. Can anyone find a birth for Ivey, or a marriage for Alfred, or even any entry for Alfred, apart from the 1871 census. Alfreds father was a ships master, so maybe Alfred became a sailor too?

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hi - could this be the birth for Alfred - reg Dec quarter, 1867...
    Births Dec 1867
    Mallett Alfred Edward Wisbeach 3b 596

There is this marriage for an Alfred Edward -
    Marriages Sep 1908
    MALLETT Alfred Edward Mutford 4a 2179
    NICHOLSON Stanley Mutford 4a 2179
    PECK Mona Florence A Mutford 4a 2179
    RICHARDS Bertha Ann Mutford 4a 2179
    and then one in Pontfract in June, 1910 and one in Halifax, March 1911

Could it be that Ivey is a niece of Joseph's wife and therefore has a different surname?
    There are a number of Ivy's in Wisbech....that would fit the birth year..but not Ivey that I could see..
    Do you know if Ivey had a middle name? What was the name of Joseph's wife?
    Last edited by naomiatt; 14-02-10, 23:12.

Comment

Hi Naomi, Ivey is listed as Ivey Mallett, and his wifes maiden name was Ann Copeland. Unless she had a sister who married a Mallett (and I have had that scenario before - took me ages to suss it!) it would have to be a brother of Joseph. I'll check out those marriages you sent, see if any of them look likely. Thanks very much for your help

Just checked out the Mutford wedding, and it's a different Alfred. Still working on Pontefract

Off to bed now - much too late for me, having trouble thinking straight! Thanks for your help
      Linda
      Last edited by ozgirl; 14-02-10, 23:32.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi - not a prob. Does that birth in 1867 fit?

Comment

Working...
        X