X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother at 55???????????

Can this be true ??
    Who's child would you say Clara is????
    Lydia Head of House was widowed in 1866 and anyway would have been 55 when Clara was born who is registered in 1870 in Bradford Yorks
    The only Clara's I can find after 1871 are not with any of Lydia's children either ?? as I did wonder if she was the illigitimate daughter of one of them ???
    Thanks very much

Val she's most likely Charlotte, Fanny or Hannah's daughter I would think given their mother's age.
    Jay

Comment

hello Jay yes I was thinking that too have checked Fanny its not hers am in the process of checking Charlotte now , thanks

Comment

I wonder who had the bright idea of calling her sister Rose Bush

Comment

I think so too Val because I found something similar in my family in 1881 and as with yours the baby boy was called son of the widowed 57 year old.I got the birth cert and sure enough it was the illegitimate son of the eldest daughter.In 1he 1891 and 1901 censuses he was living with his birth mother's sister and her family and also gave her as next of kin on his ww1 attestation .The widowed grandma by the way was the informant on the birth cert.in 1885 the birth mother had remarried and went on to have 4 children in the marriage.I've always wondered if she ever had any contact with her 1st son.

Liz
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            That made me laugh Mary!
            Jay

Comment

well I just found that Rose Bush, her name was Marian Rose Bush thank goodness. Still no luck yet with who's daughter Clara is or was.

Comment

Only one way to find out Val .....

Bush, Clara Jane reg'd Bradford, Yk. Q2 1870 Vol 9b Page 65
                Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                  Probably found under it [LOL]

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

hello Lass good to see you hope your okay ??? and thanks for that ,I was about to order a couple of certs shall have to get this one too .

Comment

lucky it wasn't under a Gooseberry Bush then ? lol

Comment

ok thanks Val ... hope you are too

Curiosity always wins! ... constantly ordering extra certs ....

Comment

wish I wasn't so nosey costs me a fortune .

Comment

me too ......

Did Clara die in the USA?

You related to George?

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/124...64775416?ssrc=

Comment

It's quite possible for a 55 year old to have a baby whether or not they're widowed.

My husband's great great grandmother had a baby several years after her husband died, before the days of the sperm bank. I do wonder if she told everyone it was the immaculate conception! :D :D

Comment

wow Lass yes thats my Husbands family no wonder I cannot find her thanks very much, gonna contact that person.

Comment

Clara and Luther still in England in 1901 ...

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...559&recoff=1+2
                                  Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 14-02-10, 17:46.

Comment

Looks like they are living at Suffolk, Massechusettes in 1910

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=rfs&gst=&so=3

I haven't got access to USA records but someone else on here might be able to let you have info

Comment

wooooooooooow .... I'm on a roll ............ lol

U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794-1995
                                      Immigration & Emigration
                                      Name: Luther Robinson
                                      State: Massachusetts

Name: Luther Robinson
                                      Spouse: Clara J
                                      Civil: Massachusetts

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943
                                      PreviewName: Clara L Robinson
                                      Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts

Shame I can't access images !

Comment

have to go out now Lass thanks so much will pm you when I get back.

Comment

Working...
                                        X