Adobe Acrobat query please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Acrobat query please

A friend has asked me if you can help to solve his problem please.
    His gas and electricity is with Scottish Power and he handles it online. Up until 2 or 3 months ago it came up on Adobe Acrobat and he could easily print it out. He tried to do the same about 2/3 months ago and only the first page was showing. WHen he rang SCottish Power they said that they had had an update and he would need to upload the latest free update from Acrobat. They gave him a link and the first page said download update free. But when he clicks on this another page appears and insists that he would need to pay for it (about 100 and something pounds a year :( Does anyone know what the problem is please and how he can overcome it.

p.s. He has spoken to SCottish power again and they insist that they can print it at their end so they say that there can't be a problem :(
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Chrissie,

Adobe Acrobobat Reader 9 is now available and is Free. Why not tell your friend to Google it. I downloaded it last week from somewhere I think it was offered to me automatically when I tried to use an earlier version.

This is the result I got when I typed theses words into Google - (adobe reader free download 9.1) leave out the Bold and brackets.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 14-02-10, 14:19.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Yes Chrissie, I did the same as Margaret and downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 and it was free.
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Thank you Margaret and Stella That's what he said he had tried but he said that after he got past page one it was asking for money. I will have a go myself and see what happens.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The Adobe READER is free .... its the Adobe PDF creator that you have to pay for - a lot, I think, considering there are perfectly adequate free pdf creators around!

Anne

Comment

Download it free from here
            Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader software for your Windows, Mac OS and Android devices to view, print, and comment on PDF documents.

Cheers
            Guy
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Guy,

Thanks for the info. Have just downloaded the update. No problems.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
              X