James (or John) Hindle - trying to find pre: 1872 but getting stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James (or John) Hindle - trying to find pre: 1872 but getting stuck

I have been researching a tree and got stuck with James (or John Hindle).

I have marriage certificate from 1872 in Salford where, aged 35, he married Charlotte Jackson - this shows he was a Widower, a Mechanic, and his father was John Hindle, a Block Printer.

1881 Census shows John (not James any more) and Charlotte, in Salford with their children. John is now 40, and born in Manchester.

1891 Census shows John and Charlotte again in Salford with their Children, but John is now 55 and born in Accrington.

At his death in 1895, John is reported to be 59 years old.

I am having trouble finding James, his first wife, or his father and family prior to 1872.

I have been searching 1841/51/61/71 census but have not found any results that I feel confident in.

Are these Hindles known to any readers, or can they provide any suggestions on where I can find them prior to 1872 ?

Thanks

could this be him?

1851 census Address: 12, Blossom Street, Manchester

HINDLE, ThomasHeadMarriedM441807Joiner J'yman
    Delamere Forest
    CheshireVIEW HINDLE, MaryWifeMarriedF451806
    Hince
    CheshireVIEW HINDLE, JohnSonUnmarriedM151836Errand Boy
    Salford
    LancashireVIEW HINDLE, ElizabethDauF61845
    Salford
    LancashireVIEW HINDLE, Sarah AnnDauF0 (4M)1851
    Salford
    LancashireVIEW HINDLE, ElizabethVisitorF691782
    Leek
    StaffordshireVIEW

Comment

Joy123
      Thanks for the suggestion - but there seem to be just too many discrepancies from what I have so far found....
      John (James) is the right sort of age, but instead of being born in Manchester or Accrington appears to be in Salford.
      His father John, now appears as Thomas, and is a Joiner rather than a Block Printer - could be a change of profession, but being born in Delamere Forest, Cheshire, it just seems unlikely.
      If I could find the follow ups from 1861 and 1871, I would have a lot more belief in this one.

Comment

Possible for 1841 - HO107; Piece 571; Book: 9; Folio: 40; Page: 7

James is about the right age, father John looks to be a printer of some sort.

Jane

Comment

Working...
        X