Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john gracey

g'day
    im been trying to find the parents of john gracey.john gracey is the father to john ray gracey
    from australia nsw they were from richmond nsw aust
    john ray was born 1872. si i think maybe first john dob could be abt 1850 guessing hear..........
    . there are that many to choose from
    john gracey married sarah carver...... they were married in 1872
    any light on this subject would be gladly received
    hotmail

Hi - could this be John snr's wife? Death - 8258/1893 GRACEY SARAH - parents BENJAMIN and ROSANNA - in LITHGOW
    Last edited by naomiatt; 12-02-10, 07:18.

Comment

hi naomiatt
      actually i need to go back a further then that this john is the father of john r gracey what i need is john r graceys grandfather dob abt 1830 or 40
      thanks again
      pat

Comment

Hi Pat - yes, I was wondering if you had the burials..and then if 'older' Gracey's would be at the same cemetery..

Comment

John R Gracey is buried at Lithgow General Cemetery - their records are online (http://www.australiancemeteries.com/...m#anchor128858)
          Sarah does not appear in that list although registered in the Lithgow district, but you could email Lithgow District FH Society,

who have records of all the other local cemeteries and see if they know - they might also have some record of John Gracey senior. I cannot see his death registration, which is a pain, because his death cert will show where and when he was born. You should get John and Sarah's marriage cert - it might say who his parents are, or his age, or some other clue.

I was going to look in the newspapers for the Graceys, but the website is doing a major upgrade and is not available today.

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I found Sarah Carver born 1848 in Sydney, but nothing for John Gracey, also could not see him in the Assisted Migrants listing.
            This is a possible arrival for him as a full paying passenger - http://mariners.records.nsw.gov.au/1863/06/033emp.htm
            But there will not be anything more than maybe notice of arrival in the paper. Assisted migrants had more information recorded about them, like place of birth and age.

The 1861 census shows a couple of John Graceys born in Scotland and one in Ireland.

Di
            Last edited by dicole; 14-02-10, 02:29.
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

khi to naomiatt and dicole
              thanks you again.i got the marrage certs of sareh and john and both deaths.the marrage one said on most question ...no entry or not stated
              but not to worry .now i let you know something ...if you don't know already'
              now i have been on a site called( convict connection) i seen other people who has people in there tree who could be conneted
              to anyone.as i seen there was graceys .some have email address others do not
              my never so .i sent c c a email and got a reply .she gave me this person address as so i could contact them .and i did .so far so good.i have been invited.up to her place as so i can view her paper work in a couple of weeks.is that good or what......what im saying is take a look .and please let me know how you go ok

thanks hotmail

Comment

Hi hotmail - that's fantastic news. You must be quite excited. Let us know how you get on. In the meantime, I'll have a look at the site -
                I think this might be it http://www.convictconnections.org.au/ or http://www.gsq.org.au/society/convict.html

Comment

Thanks naomiatt
                  i hope you have good luck aswell.ill get back to you all.

Comment

Working...
                  X