X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census only two possibilties

I have searched the 1911 census

james sheehan aged 9 born 1902

i put in all areas and only came up with 2 possibilities.

Could someone double check for me because that seems very few!

Many thanks

T
    x

Hi - I just put in the name, nothing else, and it gave me 50....then putting in the same name and birth of 1900 it gave me six -
    1902 - St Marylebone, 1902 - Wandsworth - 1901 - Wandsworth - 1901 Bristol - 1899 Toxteth Park and 1900 Bradford - two slightly later were 1905 Stockport and
    1904 Birkenhead - what area should James be living in?..if not one of these, could be spelt incorrectly or the dates have been mistranscribed......my ggf was recorded as age 8..his first child was born in 1900!
    Last edited by naomiatt; 11-02-10, 23:22.

Comment

he was born in london ill double check again thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tanyatracing View Post
        he was born in london ill double check again thanks
        OK - I tried Jim and Jimmy - gave me zilch with spelling of Sheehan

Comment

thanks i think it is a narrow field for me to look at

Comment

Like you, I thought there would be more..looked at Sheeham as well, but no James that would fit.
            Good if it's a narrow field though!
            Last edited by naomiatt; 11-02-10, 23:54.

Comment

YES thats what threw me. When he had my father his name was sheehan but is mothers same was Major. Not sure if she remarried used her maiden name. So need to try and get a sheehan / Major connection. By the time dad was born they lived in essex.

There is no maiden name on the BMD index for that time is that correct will I have to order certs to get those???
              Last edited by tanyatracing; 11-02-10, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by tanyatracing View Post
                YES thats what threw me. When he had my father his name was sheehan but is mothers same was Major. Not sure if she remarried used her maiden name. So need to try and get a sheehan / Major connection. By the time dad was born they lived in essex.

There is no maiden name on the BMD index for that time is that correct will I have to order certs to get those???
                I had a look at marriages between 1880 and 1920 using the exact spellings of Sheehan and Major and nothing showed..yes, I think you might have to apply for a cert..unless you can find a baptism record??
                What was the maiden name of the mother?

Comment

we dont know...she was known as granny major.. but i think i might have a very tenious lead from the 1901 and 19111 census's

Comment

Working...
                  X